[intro] When you have completed this guide, you’ll understand all of the different features of the Dashboard of your EKM online shop. [/intro]
When you log into your EKM online shop account, the first page you will see is the Dashboard. From here, you can access the different sections in the back end of your EKM online shop, check up on any updates that have been applied to the platform, contact the Customer Support Team and post in ekmCommunity.
Across the top of the screen, the tabs will take you to the different sections in the back end of your EKM online shop:
The Shop tab includes:
- The editable version of your EKM online shop;
- The ability to add Products, Categories and Webpages;
- Edit your Design Images using the EKM Image Builder;
- Create your Logo using the EKM Logo Builder.
The Orders tab includes:
- The Orders Page, where you can see all of the orders on your EKM online shop;
- An area where you can view Customer Accounts;
- The ability to create Quotes.
If your EKM online shop is on the Standard, Advanced or Pro tier of service, the Analytics tab is available to you and includes:
- A breakdown of orders placed within a specific time period;
- Your best-selling products;
- The overall health status of your EKM online shop.
The Design tab includes:
- The ability to change your Theme;
- Access to the File Manager;
- A place to customise the look of your Checkout Flow.
The Features tab includes:
- Access to the Features you have installed so far;
- The ability to add more Features;
- Links to third-party integrations.
The Settings tab includes:
- Links to EKM Domains;
- The ability to configure your Tax, Currency, Stock Control, Order Restrictions and many more comprehensive settings;
- Access to add additional fields to your Checkout Flow.
To the upper far left-hand side, you’ll see ‘Hide’ and ‘Help’. When you click ‘Hide’ it will hide the navigation bar, allowing you to see the full view of your EKM online shop Dashboard. Clicking ‘Help’ will reveal:
- Visit Support Centre - this will direct you to our Support Centre where you can find a wide range of written Support Guides and videos to help you set up your EKM online shop;
- My Support PIN - when you contact the Customer Support Team on the phone, they will ask you to confirm your Support PIN for security purposes. This PIN is updated on a frequent basis to ensure the security of your account;
- Contact Support - this links you to a page where you can create a ticket for the Customer Support Team to look at, and also lists any previous or open tickets you have with them;
- Community Group - here, you are redirected to ekmCommunity, our closed Facebook Group where you can speak to various different members of the EKM Team and other EKM online shop owners for inspiration;
- Community Forum - The Community Forum is the place to discuss non-account specific issues with the EKM Team and other EKM online shop owners.
The final tab, which will state your User ID or the name of your EKM online shop, will reveal this window:
Here you’ll find your Account ID - six characters (usually letters and numbers which are necessary for identifying your account to the Customer Support Team at the start of a phone call), a summary of your sales, a Product Count and Your Plan, which details what tier of service your EKM online shop is on.
Looking further down the Dashboard to the rest of the elements, dependent on how far your shop is during the building and completion process, you’ll see:
This is to give you an idea of how much more you need to do to finish building your EKM online shop and get it ready for accepting sales.
Your Account Manager
On the top left-hand side, you’ll see ‘Pending Account Manager’ until you are assigned an Account Manager, and this will update with their photo and name:
If you’ve literally just opened your EKM online shop account, as well as the ‘Pending Account Manager’ element, you’ll also see elements like this too. Click Add Products to begin the process of setting up your EKM online shop:
The Customer Support Team
Below the Account Manager element, you’ll see:
In this element, you’ll see the phone number you need to contact our Customer Support Team and your current Support PIN, which they will ask you to confirm at the beginning of your telephone call. You’ll also see the buttons that will redirect you to ekmCommunity (our closed Facebook Group and the Community Forum accordingly.
Finally, on the bottom left-hand side of the Dashboard, you’ll see the Recent Updates feed:
This element lists all of the recent updates and bug fixes that have been added to the platform by our Development Team.
Looking into the main body of the Dashboard at the top, you’ll see the Dashboard Stats. The Dashboard Stats show you at a glance how well your shop is doing, and how these figures are displayed depends on the drop-down menu to the top left-hand side. The default is for the Last 30 Days, but you can also select the day, the week, the month or previous calendar months:
Page Views Today refers to the number of pages within your EKM online shop that have been viewed today. Please note that this is for just page views, and not the number of people that have visited your shop. Therefore, you could have had 1 visitor and 15 page views (where one person has looked at 15 different pages) or 3 visitors and 15 page views (where 3 visitors have viewed 5 different pages each).
Below the Dashboard Stats, you may see some notifications. Blue notifications are part of our Set-Up Wizard, so they’re reminders for tasks that you still need to do to set up your EKM online shop. Green notifications are from the platform itself, to remind you to check details or a specific setting, for example. To remove these notifications, you simply need to click the green button to the far right-hand side on each and complete the suggested task.
Beneath the notifications, you’ll see links to articles and guides from EKM we feel will be useful to you as an EKM online shop owner. To read an article, all you need to do is click the title:
You'll also notice in the bottom right-hand corner of the page, a blue chat icon. Click this to open up a chat with our Customer Support Team. They're available for live chat support from 8am-6pm on weekdays and between 9am-5.30 on weekends.
- Using Incognito/In-private Browsing
- Caching on your EKM online shop
- File Manager
- Adding a Theme to your EKM online shop
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. [/contact]