[intro] When you have completed this Guide, you will have customised the Theme of your EKM online shop by using the Layout Editor.
[caution] Layout Editor is only intended for use on desktop or laptop computers. It is not intended for use on mobile phones or tablets. The Layout Editor can only be used with the Safari, Chrome and Firefox browsers. [/caution]
The Layout Editor allows you to customise your Theme by using drag-and-drop functionality to select which elements you would like to include on your EKM online shop.
Accessing the Layout Editor
1. From the Dashboard, click the Design tab:
2. On the Design Page, click the Edit button beneath the Theme image and select Edit Layout from the drop-down menu:
3. This will launch the Layout Editor. In the top middle of the page, you’ll notice a drop-down menu. Here you can select between Home Page, Category Page and Product Page to select which you want to amend using the Layout Editor.
[remember] If you cannot see 'Edit Layout within the drop-down menu, this means that the Theme you are using does not offer the Layout Editor functionality. Try upgrading to a more modern Theme. [/remember]
In the top right-hand corner, you’ll see three symbols - a laptop, a tablet and a mobile phone - click these to preview your design whilst you are creating it:
4. Down the left-hand side of the page, you’ll see a list of all of the different elements you can add to your Homepage. Each Element has an eye symbol next to it - if you can see the eye this means that the element has been added to the Homepage. If you don’t wish for the element to be used, simply click the eye symbol to remove it. You can amend the order of the different elements on the Homepage by clicking the menu symbol (the three horizontal lines) and keeping your finger pressed down, drag the element to the position you would like it to display in:
5. When you have manoeuvred the elements into their ideal positions for your EKM online shop, click the green Save button in the bottom left-hand corner:
Populating the elements
6. You then need to click the Shop tab at the top of the page:
7. Ensure that the Edit Design button is turned on:
8. This will then reveal the Edit Element buttons on the Homepage which you can click to edit that particular Design Element and populate it with your content:
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question ask the EKM Team, join us in ekmCommunity. [/contact]