[intro]In this Guide, you’ll learn how to manage your stock using the Inventory Manager feature on your EKM online shop.[/intro]
[remember]Before you begin this Guide, you must ensure you have installed the Inventory Manager feature on your EKM online shop. [/remember]
Locating the Inventory Manager
1. From the Dashboard, click the Features tab:
2. Within Installed Features, click on the Inventory Manager icon to open it:
3. Now you need to click the Stock Adjustment tab in the top right-hand corner:
Searching for Products
4. On this page, you’ll see all of the products listed on your EKM online shop. This page will always load on the ‘All’ tab by default and you can use the tabs on the top left-hand side to sort between products that are:
- Live - Products currently displayed on the front end of your EKM online shop;
- Hidden - Products currently hidden from view on the front end;
- In Stock - All products that are still in stock;
- Out of Stock - Products with zero units available;
- Best Selling - A list of your best-selling products over the last 30 days.
Beneath the tabs, you also have a search field you can use to locate specific products, or you can use the tabs to help you quickly locate specific products, and a Categories button with a drop-down menu to allow you to display the contents of a specific Category quickly:
5. If you click the More Filters button:
6. This will reveal a vertical menu on the right-hand side, where you can select a number of different filters you can use to drill down to display a really specific group of products:
- Status - Chose between Live and Hidden products;
- Categories - Tick the relevant box to see all of the products listed within one particular Category;
- Price - Use the fields provided to select products priced between two given values;
- Brand - If you have installed the Product Attributes feature and added Brand to some or all of your Products, you can tick the box next to each Brand name to view products tagged with that particular Brand attribute in your search results;
- Special Offer? - If you have created a number of Featured Products on your EKM online shop, you can tick the relevant box to decide whether you want to view products currently on special offer or products excluded from it;
- Condition - If you have installed the Product Attributes feature and added Condition to some or all of your Products, you can tick the relevant box to decide the condition of the products in your search results;
- Product Code - If you have installed the Product Attributes feature and added Product Code to some or all of your Products, you can use the field to add in the first few digits of a product code to locate all items whose Product Code begins with those given characters;
- Tax Rate - If the products on your EKM online shop have different tax rates applied to them, you can tick the relevant box to display items within a specific tax band;
- Weight- If you have installed the Product Attributes feature and added Weight to some or all of your Products, you can fill in the fields provided to search for items that are a specific weight;
- Bulk Discount - here you can tick the relevant box to filter items that are available with Bulk Discounts;
- Custom Attribute- If you have installed the Product Attributes feature and added a Custom Attribute (such as Colour, EAN, GTIN, SKU, MPN or similar) to some or all of your Products.
When you have filtered your products down to display the items you would like to amend the stock of, you can then manage your stock.
7. If you want to add to your existing stock, you simply need to add the number of units in the field provided, before clicking the blue Add button and then the green Save button in the bottom right-hand corner:
The number you dictate in the field will be added to the number of existing units. Repeat this process for each of the items until you have finished.
8. If you need to subtract stock - which can sometimes be the case after a stocktake of your physical products, then you need to amend the field as before, but this time, you need to click the blue Set button, and then the green Save button in the bottom right-hand corner:
The number you dictate in the field will be subtracted from the number of existing units. Repeat this process for each of the items until you have finished.
[remember]If you have to amend the stock levels of lots of different product lines all at once, it may be quicker to use the Import/Export System feature and spreadsheets, by following the steps in this Guide. [/remember]
- Inventory Manager
- Using the Bulk Editor in Inventory Manager
- Inventory Manager - Increase/Decrease Prices
- How to create a Product using Inventory Manager
- How to create Categories and Subcategories using Inventory Manager
- How to Delete Products using Inventory Manager
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Ecommerce Expert or the Customer Support Team, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions Board. If you have a non-account specific question to ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. If you need some inspiration for your EKM online shop, listen to our podcast on iTunes and Spotify.[/contact]