[intro]Before you begin this Guide, you need to ensure that you have completed this first and began the set-up of your Product Urgency Campaign.
Countdown Timer Campaigns are designed to encourage customers to complete their purchase before the timer runs out. This is especially effective for flash sales when customers have a specific window of time within which to purchase Products.
What the customers see
If you set up a Countdown Timer Campaign, your customers will see this notification next to all of the Products you’ve included:
Setting up the Campaign
1. Click the green Select button to the right of Countdown Timer:
2. In the window that appears, you need to add the message which is displayed to your customer:
3. Set the timer for when you want the Campaign to end, and then select your End Action. This can be ‘Hide Timer’, where the timer will simply disappear, or ‘Display Message’. If you select the latter, a field will appear for your to add in some message text for your customer:
4. When you have finished configuring the relevant fields, you need to click the green Add To Campaign button:
5. You now need to arrange your Targets. Use the first drop-down menu on the far right-hand side to select which products will be involved in this campaign:
6. You can choose from All Products or Specific Products. If you select Specific Products, a Choose Products button will drop-down:
7. Click this button for this window to appear. You simply need to select the Products you would like to use in this Campaign by ticking the box to the left-hand side of each one. Alternatively, if you want to select All Products, click the tick box right at the top of the first page:
- If you want to select the majority of your Products, select all of the Products first, and then un-tick any you don’t wish to use in your Campaign - it’s often a lot quicker than ticking boxes individually.
- If you want to list more than 10 Products in the window, click the drop-down menu next to Show in the bottom right-hand corner of the window - you can choose between 10 Products or 50 - which is useful if you have a large Product range on your EKM online shop.
- You can also click the drop-down menu to the right-hand side of the search bar at the top of the window and run a search for either a specific Product or a specific Category, allowing you to quickly and locate the Products you want to use in your campaign. [/tips]
8. When you have selected your Products, click the green Add To Campaign button at the bottom right-hand side of the window:
9. Now you need to choose which locations your Campaign will target. Use the first drop-down menu on the far right-hand side to select All Locations (which is all countries your EKM online shop will trade to, according to your settings on Order Restrictions and the Currency page within the back end of your EKM online shop, and of course, any Delivery Methods you have set up) or Specific Locations:
10. If you select Specific Locations, a Choose Locations button will appear on the far right-hand side. Click it:
11. In the window that appears, you can tick a box on the left-hand side of each country you wish to see your Campaign. You can search for specific countries using the search bar at the top of the window, or alternatively, select all of the Countries by ticking the topmost box on the first page of the list. When you have selected your countries, the next step is to click the green Add To Campaign button on the bottom right-hand side of the window:
12. Now you need to click the green Save button in the bottom right-hand corner of the page to save your Campaign:
13. The page will update and you will be able to see your Campaign displayed within the feature:
[caution]If you have activated the Product Urgency feature and it is not visible on the front end of your EKM online shop, your account may be in Custom Mode. You can read more about Custom Mode in this Guide, and the Customer Support Team or your Account Manager will be able to advise what to do to make Product Urgency visible on your EKM online shop. [/caution]
- Product Urgency
- Product Urgency - Get It By Timer
- Product Urgency - Cart Reservation Timer
- Product Urgency - Free Delivery Message
- Product Urgency - Low Stock Warning
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question to ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. [/contact]