[intro] When you have added Categories to your EKM online shop, you must flesh them out with images too, especially in the case of Subcategories. In this Guide, you'll find out how to add images to each of your Categories. [/intro]
You need to create Category Images that depict what can be found in each particular Category, especially in the case of Subcategories, where the images are visible on the main menu. On the EKM platform, it is strongly recommended that you upload square Category Images, as rectangular images can result in blank space on display, which can negatively impact your design and in some extreme cases, user experience too, in the case of rectangular images that are smaller than the 500x500 minimal limit.
We recommend 1024x1024 pixels square as the optimum size for your Category Images and upload .png files as opposed to .jpeg images. This is because when .jpeg file types are magnified or shrunk down they automatically lose some of their resolution, whereas .png file types will retain their finer details regardless.
Uploading Category Images
1. When you have created images for each of your Categories, click Products on the left-hand menu:
2. You’ll notice an Edit button next to each of your Categories. Click the name of your main Category to reveal the Subcategories:
3. You need to click an Edit Category button to open the Add/Edit Category window. Select your first Subcategory to begin with:
4. Then click Edit on the drop-down menu:
5. Click the Images & Photos tab on the top left:
6. Click the Edit button on the bottom right-hand corner of the Image field, and then select Upload New to select the Category Image from your computer, or use Choose Existing if you have already uploaded the image you’d like to use to your EKM online shop, where you can choose from the File Manager:
7. When the image has been uploaded, click Save & Close on the bottom right of the Edit Category window:
8. Repeat this process for the rest of your Categories and Subcategories:
9. You’ll notice that there’s a blank image at the end of this row of Subcategories, and that is for the Category Image of the main Category. To amend this, you need to click the Edit Category button for the main Category:
10. Repeat the process as before, and when you have finished, your main Category and Subcategory Images should look something like this:
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. [/contact]