[intro] Before you begin, you need to ensure that you have created a Text Box Product Option manually by following the steps within this Guide. You then to have exported your Products to a spreadsheet using the Import/Export System feature and deleted any rows that contain Products that you don’t want to add the Text Box to, but keep the rows containing the Products you want to add Options to, and your guideline Product where you've already added the Product Option manually.[/intro]
In this example, I’m going to add a Text Box Product Option to one of my existing Products. I have exported all of my Products to a spreadsheet, and then deleted all of the Products I don’t want to add Product Options to from it. Obviously, this is my test shop, so there’s only a handful of Products on it - you may have many more that you want to add a Text Box onto.
Before I exported my spreadsheet, I created a Text Box Product Option on one Product (‘Unisex Classic Tee’) using the steps in this Guide. I have not deleted this Product from my spreadsheet yet as I’ll be using this as a guideline and will delete it before I upload the spreadsheet back onto my EKM online shop.
[tips]It’s a good idea to colour the Product Option rows for your Products a bright colour to make them easier to identify when you’re cutting and pasting the Product Option data from one row to another. [/tips]
1. In my example, Unisex Classic Tee is my template Product, and I am adding the same Text Box to the Cities Tee. The first thing you need to do is create an empty row beneath the Product that you want to add the Text Box onto. You can do this by right-clicking on the far left-hand side and clicking Insert:
2. On the Product row for the Product you’re adding the Text Box to, amend the Action column to read ‘Edit Product’ and if the Product has Variants, amend these to ‘Edit Product Variant’. You can do this by using the Find/Replace tool:
3. On the empty row you’ve created to add your Text Box Product Option, enter ‘Add Product Option in the A column:
4. Now you need to scroll to the right on your spreadsheet, until you find the columns OptionName, OptionSize, OptionType, OptionValidation, OptionPlaceholder, OptionItemName, OptionItemPriceExtra and OptionItemOrder, as these all list the various different details required for your Drop Down List:
OptionName - This is the name you have given to your Product Option.
OptionSize - This is the maximum number of characters that can be used when creating this Product Option.
OptionType - This is the kind of Product Option you’ve chosen.
OptionValidation - This area is blank as I did not enforce Option Validation on my Text Area. If I did want Option Validation, I would need to add ‘NotEmpty’ in the relevant cell for my Text Area.
Option Placeholder - In this field, you add some example text which is visible within the field before your customer completes the field on the Product Page with their own text.
OptionItemName - This is the name given to each of the Options a customer could choose, separated by a colon. As this example is only one Product Option, the fields need to remain blank.
OptionItemPriceExtra - This is the price each choice is, in the order the choices are displayed, again, separated by a colon. As this example is only one Product Option, the fields need to remain blank.
OptionItemOrder - This is the order that the different choices are displayed. ‘1’ is obviously the first choice. As this example is only one Product Option, the fields need to remain blank.
5. Your next step is to copy the contents of the Product Options cells for your guideline Product into the Add Product Option row, like this:
6. If you need to make any amendments to the Option to suit a different Product, make sure that you retain the format of that of your original guideline Product. When you have finished adding the Text Box to your other Products, you need to delete your guideline Product - both the Product and Product Option rows - and then copy the CategoryPath, ID and Name cells from the Edit Product row into those on your Add Product Option row:
7. This will attach the new Product Option to the Product. You now need to save your spreadsheet. Open your browser and log into your EKM online shop. From the Dashboard, click the Features tab:
8. On the Features page, scroll down and click the Launch button to open the Import/Export System:
9. Within the feature, you need to click Import From File:
10. Click the Choose File button:
11. This will open the File Explorer window. Select the spreadsheet from its location on your computer and click open. You will then see the file listed next to the Choose File button. Click the green Upload button:
12. The page will update, and you will see the name of the spreadsheet listed in the table. Click the File Name:
13. Now you need to click Test For Errors:
[caution]You must remember that every time you upload a spreadsheet to your EKM online shop, you click Test For Errors instead of importing it directly. This is so that the system can check that the file has been correctly formatted. If there are any errors on a spreadsheet that is imported without being tested for errors, this can cause issues within your EKM online shop. [/caution]
14. You’ll then see your spreadsheet displayed in the Test For Errors window:
15. If any of the rows are highlighted red or pink, click Warnings & Errors, where the issues will be detailed. You will need to rectify the issues on your spreadsheet before uploading it again and testing for errors to ensure that these problems have been rectified. You now need to click Start Import Process:
16. When the file has been processed - which may take a couple of moments depending on the number of Products you have on your spreadsheet - you’ll see the green Done button. Click this to finish:
Your new Product Options will now be visible on your Product Pages.
[caution]You cannot edit Product Options. You can only Add or Delete them using spreadsheets. If you wish to edit any aspect of an existing Product Option, you will need to duplicate the Product Option rows for the Product on your spreadsheet and copy these to the rows below. For the first instance of the Product Option, amend the Action column to read ‘Delete Product Option’, and then for the second copied version, amend this to ‘Add Product Option’ and change the details of the Product Option accordingly.[/caution]
- How to add Product Options using a spreadsheet
- How to add Product Options using a spreadsheet - Drop Down List
- How to add Product Options using a spreadsheet - Text Area
- How to add Product Options using a spreadsheet - Image
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. [/contact]