[intro]When you have completed this Guide, you’ll know how to reset the password on your EKM online shop. [/intro]
Sometimes you may need to reset the password on your EKM online shop account. This is a very simple process and should only take a couple of minutes to do.
[remember]The Customer Support Team cannot reset your EKM online shop password for you. You will need to reset it yourself. [/remember]
1. To reset your password, you need to visit EKM.com first, and click Log In on the top right-hand corner:
2. On the left-hand side of the page, beneath the green Log In button, click the Forgot Password link:
3. You’ll then be taken to a page where you need to add in the email address that’s listed against your EKM online shop account.
[remember]The email address might not be the same address that customers contact you, or that’s visible on your EKM online shop; it may be your personal email address. If you’re not sure what email address you’ve used, the best thing to do is to sign into your email accounts and one-by-one, run a search for ‘EKM’ within each.
The email you’re looking for has the subject line ‘Welcome to EKM - Your Account Details’, and looks like this:
The email address that that email has been sent to will be the email address that you have listed against your EKM online shop account.[/remember]
4. You then need to enter your email address into the field provided and click the green Reset Password button:
5. If you have multiple EKM online shop accounts, you’ll be given the option to select which shop you need to reset the password for. Click the box next to the relevant shop and click the green Reset Password button:
6. You’ll now be redirected to this page:
7. Log into the email account which is linked to your EKM online shop, and you should see an email like this:
[remember]How you have set up your emails can affect how long it takes for this email to arrive. If you’ve used a personal email address - @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, etc - then the email should be with you in a matter of minutes. However, if the email address has been built onto a domain, such as info@[mydomainname].co.uk, it can take a little longer to arrive as the email needs to be redirected to reach you.
Also, you need to be sure to check your spam and junk folders to see if the email has arrived but been automatically added there instead of your main inbox. [/remember]
8. Click the link within the email:
9. You’ll then be redirected to this page to reset your password. If you have multiple EKM online shops, it’s important that you add in the Account ID of the shop you want to reset the password for, not just the email address. However, if you only have one EKM online shop, simply add your email address into the first field:
10. You then need to add in a new password. To make it as strong as possible, make sure that you add at least eight characters which include upper and lower case letters, at least one number and a symbol such as £ or $. When you have added your new password into both fields, click the green Change Password button:
11. You’ll then be automatically logged into your EKM online shop as normal.
- How to upgrade your Account
- What's a bug, and how are they resolved?
- Why has my EKM online shop been upgraded?
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. [/contact]