[intro] When you have completed this guide, you will have installed the Klarna payment gateway on your EKM online shop and be able to process Klarna orders. [/intro]
[warning] There are some products and services which are prohibited from using the Klarna Payment Gateway. These include:
- Tobacco Products, electronic cigarettes and e-liquids;
- Alcohol products;
- Health and Beauty;
- Weapons and replicas, including knives and soft air guns;
- Digital Downloads;
- Adult Products, including live webcam sessions;
- Self-diagnosis tests for diseases;
- Financial products or services;
- Political organisations, parties or initiatives;
- Counterfeit Products and products that infringe intellectual property rights;
- Gambling, betting or lotteries financed through credit provided by Klarna;
- Products or services which are intended to cause danger, injury or suffering to humans or animals;
- Products which are protected animals or plants;
- Products and services that are provided without the appropriate licenses, such as fireworks or medication.
This is not an exhaustive list, but if you have any queries, please contact Klarna on 0808 189 3444 and they will be able to confirm whether you will be able to use the Payment Gateway on your EKM online shop. [/warning]
- Installing Klarna
- Using Klarna Going Forwards
- Adding a Klarna Webpage to your EKM online shop
- Your Customer’s Journey
Klarna is a Payment Gateway that works in a slightly different way from the rest in that customers place their orders without having to pay for 28 days. As a Merchant, you will receive payment for your customer’s order from Klarna, and your customer will pay Klarna after 28 days.
1. To begin from the dashboard, you need to click Settings:
2. The click Payments, beneath the Shop Settings Header:
3. You then need to click the green Add Payment Method button:
4. Click the green Add Method button:
5. Click the Enter Details button:
6. You then need to add your details. If you are not a Registered Company or are not VAT registered, simply un-tick the box next to each field, before confirming that your birthday and address is correct and clicking the green Submit button:
7. You’ll then see a pop-up. Click the green Confirm button:
8. This will take you back to the Klarna page:
9. At this point, you need to wait for Klarna to come and view your shop to ensure that everything is legitimate. This can take anything from a day to a week, and it is nothing that EKM has control over. If you are concerned about the amount of time you are waiting for Klarna to visit your EKM online shop, give them a call on 0808 189 3444. When you call, they will ask for your Merchant ID, which you won’t have yet. If you explain this to them and use other details to pass through security, they will be able to give you an update.
10. When Klarna have visited your EKM online shop, the Klarna page in the back end will have updated to this:
At this point, you have been given your Merchant ID - visible in the bottom right-hand side of the page - and you now have to wait for a customer to purchase something from your EKM online shop before this page will update again and allow you to add in your bank details.
Using Klarna Going Forwards
1. When your Bank Details have been confirmed and you are taking payments from Klarna on a regular basis, how Klarna appears in the back end of your EKM online shop will look like this:
2. On the far right will be your Klarna Merchant number, which is unique to you and your account, and a green View Payouts button. Click it:
3. This will reveal your payouts from Klarna. The first column is the date of the payout, the second is the amount of the payout and using the Download hyperlinks, you can download either a PDF or CSV version of each payout which will detail the orders and amounts which make up the payout total.
Creating a Klarna Webpage on your EKM online shop
As Klarna is still a relatively new payment method here in the UK, it’s a good idea to create a Webpage to let your customers know all about this Payment Gateway that works differently to the rest.
If you scroll to the footer of this Guide, you can download a .txt file containing the default text you can use on this Webpage. It contains a brief summary of who Klarna is, how the Pay After Delivery service works and provides answers to a lot of frequently asked questions too.
Within the .txt file, any links to Klarna’s website have been highlighted in (brackets). All you need to do is hyperlink the text to the address within the brackets before deleting it. When you have added the default text to a Webpage and formatted it to look appealing, you should have a page which looks like this:
Your Customer’s Journey
1. When your customer has reached the Cart page, they will press Checkout Securely as normal:
2. They will then see the Klarna checkout page:
3. If the customer does not wish to use Klarna as their payment method, they can simply click the Alternative Payment Methods button on the top right, which will bypass the Klarna page and return the customer to your standard Checkout Flow:
[remember] Klarna is a third party Payment Gateway, which means you are using a company external to EKM in order to process payments on your EKM online shop. With this in mind, EKM cannot control how the third party processes payments or influence their policies and procedures.
Whilst there are rarely issues with third-party payment gateways, on occasion it is necessary to contact them directly to resolve any issues as our Customer Support Team is only able to investigate up to the point where the customer is transferred away from your EKM online shop to process their payment before they are redirected back again to complete the order. [/remember]
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. [/contact]