[intro]When you have completed this Guide, you will have learned how to delete Product and Category Images from the File Manager of your EKM online shop.[/intro]
[remember]The images in your File Manager's Product & Category Images tab do not count towards your storage space. If you want to increase your storage space, you will need to delete files in the Design Images, Style Sheets, or Other Files tabs, by following the steps in this Guide. [/remember]
1. From the Dashboard, click the Design tab:
2. On the top right-hand side, click File Manager:
3. Ensure the Product & Category Images tab is highlighted on the top left-hand side, and then scroll down to the Delete buttons. You can select either Delete Selected Images or Remove All Images:
Deleted Selected Images
4. To delete specific images, you need to locate the image by using the Search field on the right-hand side, tick the box on that specific image and click the Delete Selected Images button to remove it:
5. You will then see this window appear. Click Delete to remove the selected images:
Remove All Images
4. If you click Remove All Images, you will see this window appear. Click Remove to remove all Product & Category Images:
5. When the images have been removed, you’ll see this page:
Frequently Asked Questions
Will deleting images from the File Manager delete the images from my products?
No. It will delete the Product and Category Images that are stored in the File Manager. To clarify, your Product and Category Images - when uploaded to your EKM online shop from the Add/Edit Product window, via spreadsheet and the Import/Export feature or using the eBay Import feature - are duplicated and renamed, and stored in a dedicated folder. The images listed against your products will remain in place unless you completely delete that individual product, rename the product (in which case the image file will be replaced with a new version that matches the new Product Name) or replace the Product Images manually for that specific product. This is to avoid situations where product and category images are deleted in error.
Can I download all of the images before I delete them?
If you wish to download all of the Product and Category Images on the File Manager, you will need to contact the Customer Support Team and request an image download. You can read more about this here.
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Ecommerce Expert or the Customer Support Team, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions Board. If you have a non-account specific question to ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. If you need some inspiration for your EKM online shop, listen to our podcast on iTunes and Spotify.[/contact]