[intro]When you have completed this Guide, you will understand how EKM’s Evolution service works, how to request it on your own EKM online shop and how to approve and decline suggestions.[/intro]
The Evolution Mode is a service that we pride ourselves on here at EKM. Our goal is to ensure that our customer’s online shops are up to date with regard to functionality and are the best they can possibly be. We do this through our Evolution Mode Team who check to see if the customer journey is effective, the design is modern and the quality of the content is appealing to maximise sales opportunities.
On the internet, in terms of both ecommerce shops and websites, design trends and styles change quickly and, amongst customers, shopping trends can change and grow at a rapid rate. An online shop that looked and performed fantastically well a couple of years ago may not be doing so well now and often the navigation, content quality and customer experience is the cause.
An Evolution Mode Designer combats this by ensuring that both the content and design are brought up to date, with complex content simplified for a better customer experience. This is a complimentary service unique to EKM, and one that has improved the experience for online shops. At EKM, the Evolution Mode Designers constantly research online trends and recommended practices to advise you which of these should be applied to your own EKM online shop.
What is included in Evolution Mode?
For EKM online shops on the Basic Tier, our Evolution Mode Designers will visit your EKM online shop and create suggestions for you to implement yourself. If you need to be guided through a task or you're not sure how to complete the recommendation, please get in contact with our Customer Support Team who will be able to talk you through the process or alternatively, have a look through our Support Centre for the relevant Guide.
How often can I request Evolution Mode?
On this tier, you can request Evolution Mode once every twelve months, and you are responsible for making the recommended changes on your EKM online shop. If you need to be guided through a task or you're not sure how to complete the recommendation, please get in contact with our Customer Support Team who will be able to talk you through the process or alternatively, have a look through our Support Centre for the relevant Guide.
How to Request Evolution Mode
1. If the Evolution Mode Team have not yet visited your account, you can manually request that they do so. To do this, from the Dashboard, click the Settings tab:
2. On the Setting Pages, click Evolution Mode on the bottom left-hand side:
3. Click the Improve Your Shop button:
4. The Evolution Mode Team will then receive a notification and will visit your EKM online shop very soon.
[remember]If you have any questions, let the Customer Support Team know - they will be able to advise accordingly. [/remember]
How to Approve/Deny Suggestions
1. When the Evolution Mode Team visits your EKM online shop, they will make suggestions as to how it could be improved. You will see a notification on the Dashboard advising you that suggestions have been made. Click Review Improvements:
2. This will take you to the Evolution Mode page again, where the suggestions made by the Evolution Mode Team are listed. Click the More Details button on a suggestion:
3. Within the window that opens up will be details of the suggestions and why it was made:
4. If you click Accept Improvement, this will notify the Evolution Mode Team and if applicable, they will complete the task for you. If you click Decline Improvement, a second window will appear:
5. In this window, you can detail why you do not want that suggestion implemented on your EKM online shop. However, if you click No, Don’t Decline Improvement, you will be returned to the previous window to accept the recommendation. If you have added comments and clicked Yes, Decline Improvement, this will be sent to the Evolution Mode Team.
What if Evolution Mode isn’t right for me?
If you would like more input on the design process, perhaps our Custom Design service would be a better option for you. We offer a great range of ecommerce website design services to suit every need. Take advantage of our team of expert designers who know exactly what it takes to create a successful online shop. Using a thorough research and development process, our designers will work to create an ecommerce design that sets you apart and is perfectly designed to boost your online revenue. You can read more about this service here.
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Ecommerce Expert or the Customer Support Team, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions Board. If you have a non-account specific question to ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. If you need some inspiration for your EKM online shop, listen to our podcast on iTunes and Spotify.[/contact]