[intro]When you have completed this Guide, you’ll know how to use EKM XML to update the stock levels of the products on your EKM online shop using a spreadsheet or via an XML.
[caution]You must ensure that the stock levels you would like to update are for products that already exist on your EKM online shop. This integration cannot be used to add new products to your range. If you wish to use spreadsheets to add new products, you’ll need to use this Guide. [/caution]
Before you begin, you need to ensure that each of the products on your EKM online shop has a Product Code assigned to it, as it’s this identifier that the integration requires to work. To add Product Codes, you need to use the Product Attributes feature. When every product has the relevant Product Code assigned to it, you can then use the integration.
1. Firstly, you need to log into your EKM online shop and then click this link. You’ll then see this window, and you’ll need to click the green Allow button on the right-hand side:
2. You’ll then see this page when EKM XML has successfully connected to your EKM online shop:
3. First, you need to click Get Started:
4. On this page, click whether you want to update your stock using XML or CSV:
5. If you clicked CSV, you will see this page. Click the blue button to Download a copy of the template you need to use to update your stock levels:
6. The template looks like this:
7. You then need to copy the Product Codes from your supplier's spreadsheet and post these into the Code column of the template spreadsheet:
8. In the Stock column, simply add the new stock levels for each product:
9. You then need to save your spreadsheet and click the Choose File button to select the file on your computer:
10. When you see the name of the file listed next to the Choose File button, click the green Upload And Map button:
11. Click the dropdown menus on the right-hand side and adjust these so that they match, before clicking the green Start Import button:
12. You’ll then be redirected to this page, where you’ll see a notification at the top to let you know that your data has been accepted, and further down the page, you’ll also see the message ‘task is already running’ which means that your updated stock level data is currently being added to your EKM online shop:
You’ll receive an email to the email address registered to your EKM online shop when the data has finished being uploaded.
5. If you clicked XML, on the next page you need to add the URL of your XML feed into the field provided before clicking the green Save button:
6. Now you need to click the Edit button on the far right-hand side:
7. Click the dropdown menus on the right-hand side and adjust these so that they match, before clicking the green Save button:
8. You’ll receive an email to the email address registered to your EKM online shop when the data has finished being uploaded. Return to the EKM XML page and click the green button to sync the data to your EKM online shop:
9. In the window that appears, click the blue button:
10. At the top of the page, you’ll then see this notification:
You'll then receive an email when the data has been processed successfully and the stock levels have been amended accordingly on your EKM online shop.
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Ecommerce Expert or the Customer Support Team, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions Board. If you have a non-account specific question to ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. If you need some inspiration for your EKM online shop, listen to our podcast on iTunes and Spotify.[/contact]