[intro]When you have completed this Guide, you will have configured the EKM Apps integration to transfer data from your EKM online shop to your existing QuickBooks account.
Before you begin, you need to ensure that you have already opened a QuickBooks account and that you have already set up your VAT settings codes and rates to coordinate with those on your EKM online shop. You can find out how to do this by clicking here.
Installing the Feature
1. From the Dashboard, click the Features tab:
2. Click the Feature Library tab:
3. Scroll down to the Shop Management features and click the View More button on the right-hand side:
4. Click the QuickBooks icon:
5. Click the green Purchase Now button in the bottom right-hand corner:
6. When the installation is complete, click the green View Website button in the top right-hand corner:
7. This will open another tab on your browser. Click the blue button to continue:
8. On the next page, you need to give QuickBooks permission to access information on your EKM online shop. Click the green Allow button to continue:
9. This will redirect you to the integration page. Your next step is to click the blue button to connect your existing QuickBooks account:
10. On the next page, you’ll need to log into your QuickBooks account with your email address and password, before clicking the blue button to sign in:
11. When you have connected your QuickBooks account, your next step is the sync the settings between that and your EKM online shop. Click the first Edit button on the right-hand side:
12. On this page, you need to use the drop-down menus to select the QuickBooks Entity Types. Where the order on your EKM online shop has been dispatched or completed should be set as a Sales Receipt and Refunded should be set as Refund Receipt, before you click the blue Save button on the bottom left-hand side:
13. Now you need to click the next Edit button:
14. On this page, use the drop-down menus to select the relevant tax codes from within your QuickBooks account, before clicking the blue Save button on the left-hand side:
15. Now you need to click the next Edit button down:
16. On this page, you need to match the item types between your EKM online shop and your QuickBooks account by using the drop-down menus, before clicking the blue Save button on the left-hand side:
17. Now you need to click the final Edit button:
18. Here, you need to select today’s date, before clicking the blue Save button:
19. This will begin the sync between your EKM online shop and your QuickBooks account. After the initial sync, the integration will be updated on a daily basis.
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Ecommerce Expert or the Customer Support Team, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions Board. If you have a non-account specific question to ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. If you need some inspiration for your EKM online shop, listen to our podcast on iTunes and Spotify.[/contact]