[intro]In this Guide, you’ll learn how to install and configure the EU Cookie Bar feature. You can install this feature to provide your customers with a choice of what cookies - additional to the essential ones - they will allow whilst using your EKM online shop. [/intro]
Installing the Feature
1. From the Dashboard, click the Features tab:
2. Click the Feature Library tab:
3. Scroll down to Shop Management features and click the View More button on the far right-hand side:
4. Scroll down to the EU Cookie Bar feature and click the icon:
5. You’ll then see the summary page for the feature. Click the green Install Feature button:
6. Now you need to click the green Launch button in the top right-hand corner:
7. You then need to tick the box on the far right-hand side to enable the EU Cookie Bar on your EKM online shop:
8. This will reveal a number of different options. You can amend the default wording of the message by amending the text in the appropriate field. You can also amend the colour scheme of the EU Cookie Bar by clicking one of the Colour Picker boxes on the right-hand side:
9. This will reveal a window where you can drag your cursor in the largest portion to change the colour, or add a hex code directly into the Hex field if you want to use an exact colour. When you have selected your colour, click elsewhere on the page to close the window down and move onto amending the next colour:
10. At the bottom of the page, you’ll see a preview, which is useful as you can see how the EU Cookie Bar will display whilst you’re amending the colours. When you have finished editing, click the green Save button on the bottom right-hand corner:
What the customers see
11. When a customer lands on your EKM online shop, they’ll see the cookie banner at the bottom of the page. If they click the All Cookies button, the bar will disappear:
12. However, if the customer clicks the Manage button, this window will appear:
The Essential cookies switch will always remain greyed out. This is because ecommerce websites require essential cookies to allow customers to add Products to their cart and pay for them.
Functional cookies refer to other features that you may have installed on your EKM online shop, such as Recently Viewed Products, which rely on cookies in order to function.
Tracking cookies refer to third-party code in use within the Google Tools feature and the HTML Head Code field within your EKM online shop. This includes platforms such as Google Analytics and Hotjar - third-parties that record visits and website traffic, for example.
If the customer chooses not to allow Functional and/or Tracking cookies, this will prevent the display of some features, and the customer’s movements from being tracked by any third-party platforms you may be using on your EKM online shop. This selection will be ‘remembered’ by their browser until they clear the cache and cookies themselves.
- GDPR - General Data Protection
- What Webpages do I need to create?
- Identifying and using Colours on your EKM online shop
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question to ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. [/contact]