[intro]In this Guide you’ll learn how to create a Paint Calculator on an existing Product with Variants on your EKM online shop. You need to have generated a spreadsheet beforehand by following the steps in this Guide. [/intro]
When you have downloaded your spreadsheet of Products, your first step is to delete the rows that contain any Products (and their Variants/Options rows), leaving only the Product and Variant/Options rows for the Product that already has the Product Calculator (to use as your guideline) and any Products and their Variants that you want to add the same kind of Product Calculator to.
It’s worth colouring the guideline product rows a bright colour, so you can differentiate them from the Product you’re working on. In this example, the ‘Paint with Variants’ Product has already got a Product Calculator added, so that is my template Product highlighted in yellow. In this Guide, I’ll be adding a Product Calculator to the ‘More Paint With Variants’ Product:
1. First, you need to add the Edit command to the A/Action column. You can do this by highlighting this column and clicking the Find & Select icon in the top right-hand corner:
2. Select Replace from the drop-down menu, and in the window that appears, add the Edit command, like this, before clicking the Replace All button:
3. Close the Replace window down and then scroll along to the right, until you reach the columns related to Product Calculators:
CalculatorShow - This can be Yes or No, and designates whether you want the Product Calculator visible on the Product Page or not.
CalculatorType - This needs to be set for the kind of Product Calculator you’re adding. Either paint, wallpaper, tile, flooring or fabric.
CalculatorAllowWastage - This can be either Yes or No, and designates whether you would like to offer your customers the option to allow for wastage when calculating how much they need to purchase.
CalculatorMeasurement - This can be m (metres), cm (centimetres), mm (millimetres) or ft (feet).
CalculatorCoverageX - This represents the Width field.
CalculatorCoverageY - This represents the Length/Height field.
CalculatorCoverageArea - The value add here is the total paint area that a single area of this product can cover.
CalculatorPackSize - This needs to be left blank if you are adding a Paint Calculator.
4. Your next step is to copy the information from your guideline Product and its Variant rows onto the Product and its Variants you want to add your Paint Calculator to:
5. Now you need to delete your guideline Product rows (highlighted in yellow) and save your spreadsheet before uploading it back onto your EKM online shop Within the Import/Export System, click Import Data:
6. Now you need to click Choose File:
7. Select the file from your computer using the File Explorer window, and when you see the name of your file listed next to the Choose File button, click Upload:
8. Now you need to click on the name of the file:
9. Click Test For Errors:
[warning]ALWAYS test a spreadsheet for errors before importing it to the site. This ensures that the spreadsheet is checked and will not potentially cause any serious issues on your website when it has been imported.[/warning]
10. When a spreadsheet has no errors, it will look like this, so you can click the Start Import Process button:
[caution]When the spreadsheet has been tested - which can sometimes take a few moments depending on the number of products on it - if the data window is highlighted pink and red, click the Warnings and Errors bar below the large window to see the details of any problems the spreadsheet has. If there are any errors, these need to be rectified on your spreadsheet before uploading it to the site again and re-testing.[/caution]
11. When the import has finished, you simply need to click Done:
- Import/Export System - Product Calculators
- How to add a Cost Price to your Products using a spreadsheet
- How to add GTIN, MPN EAN and other Customer Attributes to existing Products
- Import/Export System - Product Tabs
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. [/contact]