[intro]If you have noticed that you have received orders on your EKM online shop, but you have not received any of the Order Placed Emails which match these orders, this Guide explains how to rectify this issue. [/intro]
Within the settings of your EKM online shop, you'll see Outgoing Emails. The email address in the Shop Email Address field is the one that will receive automated notifications from your EKM online shop. They will notify you of specific activity, such as a customer contacting you via the Contact Form, or placing a new order:
Or if you’ve not yet added any Payment Gateways to your EKM online shop, you’ll receive an email to let you know that a customer attempted to purchase from you and couldn’t:
If you have set up Stock Control on your EKM online shop and one of your Products is due to go out of stock, you’ll receive an email like this:
With all of this in mind, it’s essential that you receive these automated emails from your EKM online shop. However, if you notice that customers are placing orders on your EKM online shop, but no automated emails are being received, you will need to contact the Customer Support Team to investigate this further for you, as there can be many different reasons for this issue occurring.
For example, if you have accidentally clicked the Unsubscribe link within an existing email:
This would prevent you from receiving automated emails from your EKM online shop. If you contact the Customer Support Team, they will be able to confirm if this has been the case and resolve the issue for you.
Marking as Spam
If you have accidentally marked a previous automated email as Spam or Junk within your email inbox, this can prevent future emails from being received:
If you contact the Customer Support Team, they will be able to confirm if this has been the case and resolve the issue for you.
Third-Party Domains and Emails
If your domain and emails are hosted by a third-party provider, you may need to contact your provider. Third-party email providers - and there are a lot of them - have different settings on their email accounts for what they deem to be spam. If, for example, you receive an unusual number of orders on your EKM online shop - and thus receive a higher number of automated emails in a short period of time - this can be enough for your email provider to temporarily class your EKM online shop’s automated emails as spam as a precautionary measure. With this in mind, contact our Customer Support Team, who will be able to advise you if this has occurred. If this is the case, you would need to contact your third-party email provider to resolve the issue.
To prevent this issue from occurring, it’s a good idea to add email@example.com to your Contacts. By adding this address, you are effectively ‘whitelisting’ it and preventing any emails sent from this email address - such as Order Placed Emails and any submissions made through your EKM online shop’s Contact Form for example, from being marked as junk or spam.
If you use Outlook, you can mark your automated EKM online shop emails as being safe by completing the following steps.
1. From the Home tab, click Junk:
2. Then from the drop-down menu, you need to click Junk E-mail Options:
3.On the pop-up window, click the Safe Recipients tab towards the top:
4. Click Add on the right-hand side:
5. You need to add ekm.net in the pop-up field:
6. Then you need to click the OK button:
7. Finally, you need to click Apply:
For Thunderbird, you need "train" Thunderbird by clicking on ‘not junk’ if any Outgoing Emails are sorted into there unintentionally. After that, Thunderbird will learn what is junk and what is not and sort it for you automatically:
1. You can do this by highlighting an existing email and selecting Add To Address book from the window that appears:
2. Or you can do this by adding the email address to your Contacts, by clicking the Address Book tab on the top left-hand side:
3. Within the Address Book tab, click New Contact on the top left-hand side:
4. You’ll then see this window appear:
5. Add the firstname.lastname@example.org email address into the field provided and click OK:
1. From the Apple menu, click Mail and within Mail, you need to click the Mail tab in the top left-hand corner. From the drop-down menu, select Preferences:
2. In the window that opens up, click Add Rule:
3. You then need to complete the fields as shown in this image. Please note that in the example, a folder called EKM has already been created within the inbox to sort the emails into:
4. Your next step is to click Apply:
5. You can then close this window down:
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question to ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. [/contact]