[intro]Before you begin this Guide it’s essential that you have exported your Products to a spreadsheet beforehand. [/intro]
In this Guide, you’ll learn how to update your Product Images using a spreadsheet. Although this can be done quite easily within the Edit Product window, if your Product has a lot of Variants, or you have a lot of Products where you want to update the Product Images, then the quickest method is to use spreadsheets to make all of these changes in one go.
1. When you have opened the file, you should have a spreadsheet which looks something like this:
2. The first thing you need to do to the spreadsheet is to delete any Products (and their Options and Variants) that you don’t wish to amend the Product Images on. Then you need to add the ‘Edit’ command so that when you upload the file back to your EKM online shop, the system knows that some extra details have been added to an existing Product. To do this, click the A column to highlight it, and then click the Find & Select icon on the top right-hand corner:
3. In the drop-down menu, select Replace:
4. In the window that appears, add the word ‘Product’ in the Find What field and the words ‘Edit Product’ in the Replace With field, before clicking the Replace All button:
5. This action will amend the ‘Product’ and ‘Product Variant’ rows to read ‘Edit Product’ and ‘Edit Product Variant’ accordingly. When you upload your spreadsheet onto your EKM online shop, the system will be aware that some of the data for the Products has been amended. Your next step is to scroll along your spreadsheet until you see the Image[number] headers:
6. You now need to delete the text from Image[number] and Image[number]Address columns:
[remember]You might not see all of the Image[number] headers on your spreadsheet. This is because these correspond to the number of Product Images you have assigned to each product on your EKM online shop. For example, if each of your products only has a single Product Image, you’ll only see the Image1 column. However, if each product has 5 or more columns, you will see Image[number] for each of the columns. [/remember]
[tips]If you are changing the images on a Product that was different Colour Variants and you have a different Produce Image for each Variant, it’s a good idea to colour the cells for each Variant Colour before you begin pasting in the new Product Image addresses. This allows you to see at a glance which particular Variant it is you’re referring to. [/tips]
7. You then need to copy the image addresses for your new Product Images from the File Manager and paste these into the relevant cells for Image1Address, Image2Address, Image3Address, Image4Address and Image5Address. You can do this by right-clicking the image within File Manager and selecting Copy:
[remember] Image1 is the main Product Image, whilst Image2, Image3 and so on are the additional Product Images. Ideally, you need to have five images for each Product and ensure that there are no spaces when you add images.
As an example, if you only have three images, you need to make sure you populate Image1, Image2 and Image3 and not Image1, Image2 and Image4. Don’t leave any gaps! [/remember]
8. When you have finished populating the Image[number] columns, your next step is to save your spreadsheet by clicking the symbol in the top left-hand corner:
Your next step is to save your changes, before uploading your spreadsheet back onto your EKM online shop.
- Uploading your spreadsheet onto your EKM online shop
- Hiding your Categories
- Adding Custom Meta Data to your Categories
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. [/contact]