[intro]Before you begin this Guide, it’s essential that you have installed the Import/Export System feature which will enable you to generate a spreadsheet which you’ll use when updating the images on your Products. [/intro]
In this Guide, you’ll learn how to update your Product Images using a spreadsheet. Although this can be done quite easily within the Edit Product window, if your Product has a lot of Variants, or you have a lot of Products where you want to update the Product Images, then the quickest method is to use spreadsheets to make all of these changes in one go.
[remember]Before you begin, you need to ensure that you have uploaded all of the new Product Images to the File Manager of your EKM online shop. If you’re not sure how to bulk upload your Product Images, then this Guide will help you. [/remember]
Exporting your Products to a spreadsheet
1. Log into your EKM online shop as normal, and click the Features tab:
2. On the Features page, click Import/Export System:
3. Click Export To File:
4. Click Export Products:
5. Click Continue to Choose Fields:
6. Click Continue To Choose Download Type:
7. The download type you select depends on the number of Products you have on your EKM online shop. If you have 1000 or less Products, select a CSV File. If you have more than this, you may want to choose an XLSX File instead. Click the relevant green button for the file type you need:
8. Click the blue text to download your file:
The file will be visible in the bottom of your browser window and will automatically be added to the Downloads folder on your computer. Open the file to begin the process of editing your Product Images.
Preparing your spreadsheet
9. When you have opened the file, you should have a spreadsheet which looks something like this:
The first thing you need to do to the spreadsheet is to add the ‘Edit’ command so that when you upload the file back to your EKM online shop, the system knows that some extra details have been added to an existing Product.
10. Click the A column to highlight it, and then click the Find & Select icon on the top right-hand corner:
11. In the drop-down menu, select Replace:
12. In the window that appears, add the word ‘Product’ in the Find What field and the words ‘Edit Product’ in the Replace With field, before clicking the Replace All button:
This action will amend the ‘Product’ and ‘Product Variant’ rows to read ‘Edit Product’ and ‘Edit Product Variant’ accordingly. When you upload your spreadsheet onto your EKM online shop, the system will be aware that some of the data for the Products has been amended.
Updating the Image Addresses
13. To begin, you need to delete the rows containing any Products that you don’t wish to change the Product Images on. Your next step is to scroll along your spreadsheet until you see the Image1, Image2, Image3, Image4 and Image5 headers:
14. You now need to delete the ImageAssigned text from each of the columns:
15. The next step is to scroll along to the Image1Address, Image2Address, Image3Address, Image4Address and Image5Address columns:
16. The contents of these columns will refer to your old Product Images, so you need to delete the image addresses from here:
17. You then need to copy the image addresses for your new Product Images from the File Manager and paste these into the relevant cells for Image1, Image2, Image3, Image4 and Image5:
[remember] Image1 is the main Product Image, whilst Image2, Image3, Image4 and Image5 are the additional Product Images. Ideally, you need to have five images for each Product and ensure that there are no spaces when you add images.
As an example, if you only have three images, you need to make sure you populate Image1, Image2 and Image3 and not Image1, Image2 and Image4. Don’t leave any gaps! [/remember]
When you have finished populating the Image1, Image2, Image3, Image4 and Image5 columns with the image addresses of your new Product Images, your next step is to save your spreadsheet by clicking the symbol in the top left-hand corner:
You now need to upload your spreadsheet back onto your EKM online shop to implement your changes.
- Uploading your spreadsheet onto your EKM online shop
- Hiding your Categories
- Adding Custom Meta Data to your Categories
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question ask the EKM Team, join us in ekmCommunity. [/contact]