[intro]Before you begin this Guide, it’s essential that you have installed the Import/Export System feature which will enable you to generate a spreadsheet which you’ll use when hiding the Add To Cart button on multiple Products. [/intro]
In this Guide, you’ll learn how to remove the Add To Cart button from Products using a spreadsheet. This is often utilised on Products that have not yet been released to encourage customer anticipation before the official ‘release date’ where the Add To Cart button is then reinstated.
On other occasions, the Products that need the Add To Cart button removed are sometimes not Products at all and are instead treated like single Webpages. If this is the case, you may want to use Webpages for this purpose with the 301 Redirects feature, following the instructions in this Guide; this will allow you to list a Webpage on your menu as if it was a Category which may be more suitable - it all depends on the purpose of your EKM online shop. If you have any questions, please get in contact with our Customer Support Team and they will be able to assist you with this process.
Exporting your Products to a spreadsheet
1. Log into your EKM online shop as normal, and click the Features tab:
2. On the Features page, click Import/Export System:
3. Click Export To File:
4. Click Export Products:
5. Click Continue to Choose Fields:
6. Click Continue To Choose Download Type:
7. The download type you select depends on the number of Products you have on your EKM online shop. If you have 1000 or less Products, select a CSV File. If you have more than this, you may want to choose an XLSX File instead. Click the relevant green button for the file type you need:
8. Click the blue text to download your file:
The file will be visible in the bottom of your browser window and will automatically be added to the Downloads folder on your computer. Open the file to begin the process of removing some of the Add To Cart buttons.
Preparing your spreadsheet
9. When you have opened the file, you should have a spreadsheet which looks something like this:
The first thing you need to do to the spreadsheet is to add the ‘Edit’ command so that when you upload the file back to your EKM online shop, the system knows that some extra details have been added to an existing Product.
10. Click the A column to highlight it, and then click the Find & Select icon on the top right-hand corner:
11. In the drop-down menu, select Replace:
12. In the window that appears, add the word ‘Product’ in the Find What field and the words ‘Edit Product’ in the Replace With field, before clicking the Replace All button:
This action will amend the ‘Product’ and ‘Product Variant’ rows to read ‘Edit Product’ and ‘Edit Product Variant’ accordingly. When you upload your spreadsheet onto your EKM online shop, the system will be aware that some of the data for the Products has been amended.
Removing the Add To Cart buttons
When removing the Add To Cart buttons, the command to do so only needs to be added to the Edit Product rows of your spreadsheet. With this in mind, it’s useful to scroll down through your Products and highlight the Edit Product row of any Products where you wish to remove the Add To Cart button.
13. You can do this by clicking the number of the row to highlight it, and then by clicking the paint bucket symbol:
14. You will then be able to select a bright colour - like yellow, for example - to highlight that particular row:
15. You then scroll through your spreadsheet until you see the CanBeAddedToCart header:
16. In this column, you need to amend the cell of the Edit Product row of your Products from TRUE to FALSE, which is the command to the system to remove the Add To Cart button:
[remember]To put the Add To Cart button back onto the Products, all you need to do is follow the steps above and amend the command from FALSE back to TRUE again. [/remember]
17. When you have finished adding FALSE to the Products where you want the Add To Cart buttons removing, the next step is to save your spreadsheet by clicking the symbol in the top left-hand corner:
You now need to upload your spreadsheet back onto your EKM online shop to implement your changes.
- Uploading your spreadsheet onto your EKM online shop
- Hiding your Categories
- Adding Custom Meta Data to your Categories
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question ask the EKM Team, join us in ekmCommunity. [/contact]