[intro]Before you begin this Guide, it is essential that you have installed the Import/Export System which will enable you to export all of your Product information onto a spreadsheet in order to delete existing Products from your EKM online shop. [/intro]
In this Guide, you’ll learn how to delete Products using a spreadsheet, which is a quick way of removing large amounts of stock from your shop all at once.
It is also useful if your EKM online shop retails seasonal stock that is only sold at specific points during the year. This is because you can export the Products to a spreadsheet and copy it. Save one copy to delete the Products, whilst the other copy is stored somewhere safe until you want to re-add those same Product lines to your EKM online shop at a later date.
Exporting your Products to a spreadsheet
1. Log into your EKM online shop as normal, and click the Features tab:
2. On the Features page, click Import/Export System:
3. Click Export To File:
4. Click Export Products:
5. Click Continue to Choose Fields:
6. Click Continue To Choose Download Type:
7. The download type you select depends on the number of Products you have on your EKM online shop. If you have 1000 or less Products, select a CSV File. If you have more than this, you may want to choose an XLSX File instead. Click the relevant green button for the file type you need:
8. Click the blue text to download your file:
9. The file will be visible in the bottom of your browser window and will automatically be added to the Downloads folder on your computer. Open the file to begin the process of deleting your Products.
Editing your spreadsheet
10. When you have opened the file, you should have a spreadsheet which looks something like this:
[warning] Before you continue, you need to delete any rows that include Products and Product Variants that you DON’T want to delete, leaving only the Products and Product Variants that you want to delete from your EKM online shop. [/warning]
11. Your next step is to amend the commands in the Action column. To do this, click the header of the column to highlight it all and then click Find & Select in the top right-hand corner:
12. Select Replace from the drop-down menu:
13. In the window that appears, add ‘Product’ to the Find What field, and add ‘Delete Product’ in the Replace With field, before clicking Replace All:
14. When you have added the delete command to all of your Product and Product Variant Rows, you need to save your spreadsheet by clicking the File button in the top left-hand corner as normal:
Now you have finished working on your spreadsheet, the next step is to upload it onto your EKM online shop.
- Uploading your spreadsheet onto your EKM online shop
- How to add Product Codes onto existing Products
- How to add Weight to existing Products
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. [/contact]