[intro]Before you begin this Guide, it is essential that you have installed the Product Attributes feature and enabled Product Condition. You then need to have assigned Product Condition manually to a Product using this Guide before you install the Import/Export System which will enable you to export all of your Product information onto a spreadsheet. [/intro]
- Exporting your Products to a spreadsheet
- Preparing your spreadsheet
- Adding Product Condition to the Products
In this Guide, you’ll learn how to assign Product Condition to each of your Products using a spreadsheet, so you can quickly add this attribute to lots of Products at once. Assigning Product Condition to your Products is essential if you sell antiques or second-hand Products where Condition is an aspect your customers would be concerned with.
[warning]The attribute Product Condition cannot be applied to Products with Variants. The system recognises that a Product with Variants is technically more than one single Product, so it presumes all variations of this Product will all be Brand New and none will be Used or Refurbished.[/warning]
Exporting your Products to a spreadsheet
1. Log into your EKM online shop as normal, and click the Features tab:
2. On the Features page, scroll down and click the Launch button to open the Import/Export System:
3. Click Export To File:
4. Click Export Products:
5. Click Continue to Choose Fields:
6. Click Continue To Choose Download Type:
7. The download type you select depends on the number of Products you have on your EKM online shop. If you have 1000 or fewer Products, select a CSV File. If you have more than this, you may want to choose an XLSX File instead. Click the relevant green button for the file type you need:
8. Click the blue text to download your file:
The file will be visible in the bottom of your browser window and will automatically be added to the Downloads folder on your computer. Open the file to begin the process of adding Product Condition to your Products.
Preparing your spreadsheet
9. When you have opened the file, you should have a spreadsheet which looks something like this:
10. For this demonstration, I have already added Product Condition manually to the first Product on the spreadsheet and need to apply this attribute to the only other Product on my EKM online shop which doesn’t have Variants:
The first thing you need to do to the spreadsheet is to add the ‘Edit’ command so that when you upload the file back to your EKM online shop, the system knows that some extra details have been added to an existing Product.
11. Click the A column to highlight it, and then click the Find & Select icon on the top right-hand corner:
12. In the drop-down menu, select Replace:
13. In the window that appears, add the word ‘Product’ in the Find What field and the words ‘Edit Product’ in the Replace With field, before clicking the Replace All button:
This action will amend the ‘Product’ rows to read ‘Edit Product’ and ‘Edit Product Variant’ accordingly. When you upload your spreadsheet onto your EKM online shop, the system will be aware that some of the data for the Products has been amended.
[warning] If you have any Products with Product Variants on this spreadsheet, you cannot apply the Product Condition attribute to them, so you need to delete them entirely from your spreadsheet, leaving only single Products that do not have any Variants. [/warning]
Adding Product Condition to the Products
14. Your next step is to scroll along your spreadsheet until you see the Condition column. Products that have not have their Product Condition manually assigned will be ‘NotApplicable’. You can assign Products in this column to be either ‘New’, ‘Used’ or ‘Refurbished’:
15. You now need to add your Product Condition value:
16. When you have finished assigning Product Condition attributes to your Products, you need to save your spreadsheet by clicking the File button in the top left-hand corner as normal:
Now you have finished working on your spreadsheet, the next step is to upload it onto your EKM online shop.
- Uploading your spreadsheet onto your EKM online shop
- Enable Product Condition
- How to add Brand to existing Products
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. [/contact]