[intro]When you have completed this Guide, you will have installed the Product Summary feature and manually added a Short Description to an existing Product.[/intro]
- Installing the Feature
- Manually adding a Short Description
- Adding Short Descriptions using the Import/Export System
Installing this feature allows you to add a small summary of your Product which displays beneath the Product Name when the Product is viewed from a Category Page. These summaries are known as ‘short descriptions’, and when applied and well-written, can encourage customers to click on the Product Page.
Installing the Feature
1. From the Dashboard, click the Features tab:
2. Click the Feature Library tab:
3. Scroll down to the Product Management features and click the View More button on the right-hand side:
4. Click the Product Summary icon:
5. Click the green Install Feature button:
6. When the feature has been installed, you'll see this notification:
Manually adding a Short Description
1. Click the Shop tab:
2. Navigate your way to an existing Product, ensure that your Edit Content button is switched on and click to edit:
3. In the Edit Product window, you’ll now see a Product Summary field where you can add a Short Description. When you have added your text, click Save & Close.
4. You’ll then see the Short Description on your Product Page:
5. And on the Category Page too:
Adding Short Descriptions using the Import/Export System
When you have installed the Product Summary in Categories feature and manually added a Short Description to one of your Products using the instructions above, you can use the Import/Export System and spreadsheets to add Short Descriptions to the rest of your Products. You’ll notice as you export your Products to a spreadsheet that Short Descriptions are now listed as an exportable field:
When you have exported your spreadsheet, you can add summaries for your Products on the ‘Product Row’ (no need to add anything for the Variant rows) in the ShortDescription column. Don’t forget to amend the A column to read ‘Edit Product’ for every Product that you have added a Short Description to, before saving your spreadsheet and uploading it onto your EKM online shop.