[intro] When you are creating and managing your EKM online shop, it’s important that you test it regularly to ensure that the customer experience is a good one. To do this, it’s essential to use incognito/in-private browsing, which you’ll learn about in this guide.
When you add a new design to your EKM online shop, customise your checkout flow or need to test functionality such as a Payment Gateway or a Newsletter Signup form for example, it’s essential that you test your EKM online shop from a customer’s point of view, visiting your shop via the domain name. To do this, you will need to use an incognito/in-private browser tab.
This is because your browser will already have your details stored in it so you will be unable to replicate the customer’s experience, especially when the browser remembers any previous cart sessions that you’ve created on your EKM online shop whilst you’ve been building it. How to open an incognito/in-private browser tab depends on what browser you are using:
1. Right-click the icon as it appears on your Windows Taskbar and select New Private Window:
2. Your Private Window will look like this:
1. Right-click the icon as it appears on your Windows Taskbar and select New Incognito Window:
2. Your Incognito browsing window will look like this:
1. Right-click the icon as it appears on your Windows Taskbar and select New InPrivate Window:
2. Your InPrivate Window will look like this:
1. Click File, and then from the drop-down menu, select New Private Window:
2. Your Private Browser Window will look like this:
When you have opened an Incognito/In-Private browser tab, visit your EKM online shop via the domain name as a customer would, and begin your testing. Using this method ensures that you truly get to experience the customer journey without any of your own previous browsing sessions being referred to.
- Using Canva to create Design Images
- Product Image Requirements
- Creating your own Product Images
- Using Pixlr to edit your Product Images
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. [/contact]