[intro] Before you begin this guide, you need to ensure that you have opened both a Facebook Account and populated a Facebook Page to promote your EKM online shop. Facebook Messenger allows you to interact with your website visitors and answer any questions they may have, right within the Facebook Messenger app.[/intro]
Installing the Feature
1. From the Dashboard, click Features on the left-hand menu:
2. Click the Feature Library tab:
3. Scroll down to the Customer Service features and click the View More button on the right-hand side:
4. Click the Facebook Messenger icon:
5. Click the green Install Feature button:
6. Click the Launch button:
1. Using our setup wizard is the easiest way to set up the Facebook Messenger chat widget on your EKM online shop. To do this, click Get Started within the Facebook Messenger feature:
2. This will then take you through the steps required to add Facebook Messenger to your EKM online shop.
1. Click Messenger Settings:
2. This will reveal the field for your Facebook Page ID. To locate it, you must do this using a desktop or laptop computer as these settings are not visible on the standard Facebook App. To do this, open another browser tab, log in to your Facebook Account and go to your Facebook Page. Click the About tab, then select Page Transparency on the left-hand side to see your Facebook Page ID:
3. The Facebook Page ID is unique to your Facebook Page. Copy this long number and then paste it into the field provided within the Facebook Messenger feature on your EKM online shop, before clicking Save:
4. You then need to return to the browser tab displaying your Facebook Page and click Settings:
5. Then you need to click New Pages Experience on the left-hand side:
6. Finally, click Advanced Messenging:
7. Look for the White-Listed Domains header. You need to add the domain name of your EKM online shop, starting with ‘https’. When you have added the domain name to the field, click the Save button:
8. You should now open an incognito/in-private browsing tab and visit your EKM online shop as a customer would see it. Your Facebook Messenger chat widget should now display so your customers can begin chatting with you.
There are a few instances where the chat widget may not appear to you or your customers:
Your shop domain isn’t whitelisted
For the chat widget to appear, you must ensure all of your shop’s domain names are whitelisted. If you whitelisted the domain name when you didn’t have SSL (http://www.example.com) you may need to add the SSL (https://www.example.com) version of your domain name. Follow the steps above or complete the wizard again to set up a new domain name.
You are viewing your shop in the Shop tab
The Facebook Messenger chat widget will not appear in your EKM Shop’s Shop tab (the edit view) and can only be viewed when you view your shop as a customer would.
You have a browser ad blocker extension
Some browser ad blocker extensions will cause the widget not to appear. You should whitelist your shop from the extension settings.
You are not logged into Facebook
The widget will occasionally not display when you are not logged in to Facebook.