[intro]When you have completed this Guide, you will have created a logo for your EKM online shop using the Logo Builder.[/intro]
If you've just opened up your EKM online shop account and you've not yet had a logo created for your new venture, the EKM Logo Builder will allow you to create a simple logo within minutes for use on your shop, on your Design Images and on your social media platforms too.
Locating the Logo Builder
1. From the Dashboard, click the Design tab:
2. Now click Theme:
3. Click the Edit Logo button on the left-hand side:
4. In the window that opens up, click the Create New Logo button, which will launch EKM’s Logo Builder:
Editing the Logo Text
5. In the field on the top left-hand side, you need to add the name of your EKM online shop. Below that, you add your strapline, which is usually a few words describing your brand, although completing this field is entirely optional:
6. When you have added your text, you can edit the font and colour by clicking it to reveal a text menu where you can customise it:
7. You can use the dots surrounding your text to resize the logo by clicking them and dragging them diagonally. You can change the position of the text next to the icon by simply clicking and dragging it too:
Editing the Icon
8. To amend the colour of the icon, click it to reveal a window where you can use a Colour Picker to select its colour, or enter a hex code by highlighting the existing hex code and replacing it with your own:
9. To replace the icon entirely with one more befitting to your brand, use the Search Icons field in the top left-hand corner to type in keywords that describe your icon. Clicking an icon within the search results will automatically add it to your logo, where you can then change its size and colour as you did with the text. You can also remove the icon entirely by clicking the No Icon symbol which you’ll see at the top of any search results for icons:
[tips]If you've not designed a logo before, here are some basic rules you should adhere to for the best possible results:
- Consider the colour of the logo against the Theme you have added to your EKM online shop; the logo needs to be visible, easily read and not clash. Don't add a red logo onto a green background, for example.
- Double-check your logo and strapline for spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Download a copy of your logo so that you can incorporate it into Design Images and on your associated social media for your shop.
- Use an easy-to-read font - complicated and detailed fonts should not be used when the shop name consists of abbreviated letters, like 'EKM' for example.[/tips]
Saving your Logo
10. When you have finished designing your logo, you need to click the blue Save Logo button in the bottom left-hand corner of the Image Builder:
11. This will reveal a window where you can choose to apply the logo to your EKM online shop or download it to your computer. It’s a good idea to do the latter first, so you have a copy of the logo that you can use on other platforms - such as a Twitter Profile or Facebook Page for example. Click Download logo:
12. This will automatically download a copy of your new logo to your computer. Now you need to click Apply To Shop:
13. This will then redirect you to the Editor of your EKM online shop, but you’ll also see the Logo Settings Tab overlaid on the left-hand side of your screen. You can use the slider to select how big or small you would like your logo to display. Bear in mind that when using this slider, on the Theme that you’ve added on your EKM online shop, there may be a restriction to the size of the logo so it will not be able to be above a certain height or width:
14. This is to ensure that the Theme is not disrupted by an overly large logo as this is not best practice and logos that are too large provide a negative customer experience; they force the customer to scroll down to see anything on the page. Therefore, a smaller - yet readable - logo is considered best practice, and if you want to increase the exposure of your logo, you can use the downloaded version in Design Images throughout your EKM online shop. When you have finished resizing your logo, simply click the green Update button on the bottom left-hand side of the page:
15. This will return you to the Design Page in your EKM online shop. Click the green Save Logo button to apply it:
- How to add Categories & Subcategories to your EKM online shop
- How to edit your EKM online shop Homepage
- How to change the colours of your Theme
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Ecommerce Expert or the Customer Support Team, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions Board. If you have a non-account specific question to ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. If you need some inspiration for your EKM online shop, listen to our podcast on iTunes and Spotify.[/contact]