[intro]When you have completed this Guide, you will have customised your invoices on your EKM online shop with your own branding and contact details, ready to be sent with your customer’s orders.[/intro]
[caution]Before you begin this Guide, ensure that you have installed the new Orders Section within Labs and have received at least one order to your EKM online shop. [/caution]
Editing your existing Invoice Template
1. From the new Orders Section, click the Settings tab:
2. On the settings page, scroll down and click Printing Templates below the Advanced Settings header on the left-hand side:
3. On this page, you can click Edit on the right-hand side to edit your existing invoice template:
4. On this page, you can use the fields and drop-down menus on the right-hand side to edit your invoice template. The invoice detailed in the image is an example, so you can preview what your Template will look like:
Template Name - Amend this field to change the name of the Template.
Template Type - ‘Order Only’ is the default, but you can also select Packaging Slip versions too.
Paper Size - Use the drop-down menu to select the size of paper you will be printing this order onto.
5. Scroll further down using the scroll bar on the left-hand side, and you’ll see some more options:
Header - Use the boxes to select whether you want your Logo to display, upload an Image or add some Text (a field for the text will appear when you have selected the Text option).
Shipping Address - Set which side of the Template you would like the Shipping Address to display.
Product Information - Use the checkboxes here to decide exactly what Product Information is included in the Template.
Payment Gateway Information - Use the checkboxes here to decide what information regarding the payment should display.
[tips]If you wish to upload an image with the Header element, the image will need to be correctly sized and this is based on the Paper Size drop-down menu:
A5/B5 - 35 x 35 pixels;
All other sizes - 50 x 50 pixels.
Depending on the shape, details and quality of the image you wish to use, it's advised to print out a test version to check that your logo displays correctly. [/tips]
6. Scroll further down using the scroll bar on the left-hand side, and you’ll find the last two options. Customise these before clicking the green Save button on the bottom right-hand corner:
Other Information - Use the checkboxes here to decide exactly what extra information you’d like to include in your Template.
Footer - Use the field provided to add some text which will be added to the Footer of your Template.
7. When you have edited and saved your template, you will be redirected back to the Printing Templates page of your EKM online shop.
Creating a new Printing Template
8. From the Printing Templates page of your EKM online shop, click the green Add button in the top right-hand corner:
9. In the window that appears, give your new Template a name, before selecting from the drop-down menu an existing Template to base your new version on and clicking the green Add Template button:
10. You’ll then see the new Template listed. Click the Edit button on the right-hand side:
11. All you need to do then is follow the same process as you did above when editing any existing template. When you have finished, don’t forget to click the green Save button.
When you want to print an invoice, click the Print button in the top middle:
You’ll then see a drop-down menu listing each of the Printing Templates on your EKM online shop. Select the one you’d like to use for this particular order by clicking it:
You’ll then see the Template open in the Print window, where you can print it out as normal to include with the order for your customer.
[caution]This new functionality is still within Labs, which means this is not the completed product but rather a ‘beta’ version. Our Development Team relies on your feedback to improve this before it is rolled out across the EKM online shop platform. If you discover any issues while using the New Orders Section, please contact the Customer Support Team in the first instance - with screenshots if possible - and let them know what you have experienced. [/caution]
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Ecommerce Expert or the Customer Support Team, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions Board. If you have a non-account specific question to ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. If you need some inspiration for your EKM online shop, listen to our podcast on iTunes and Spotify.[/contact]