[intro]In this Guide you can learn how to install and configure the EKMPay Payment Gateway onto your EKM online shop. Accept credit card payments easily and safely on your EKM online shop with EKMPay. [/intro]
[caution]Before you begin this Guide, you need to ensure that you have pointed a domain name at your EKM online shop. You can get a free domain name from EKM Domains, or point an existing domain with another provider to your EKM online shop. [/caution]
[remember] If your EKM online shop sells:
- E-cigarettes and Vaping products
- Products containing CBD
- Products classed as 'legal highs'
You will be unable to use the EKMPay Payment Gateway and will need to use an alternative. If you speak to our Customer Support Team, they will be able to advise an alternative for you. [/remember]
1. From the Dashboard, click Settings at the bottom of the left-hand menu:
2. On the Settings page, you need to click Payments on the left-hand side:
3. On the Payments page, click the green button to begin the process of adding the EKMPay Payment Gateway to your EKM online shop:
4. You’ll then be redirected to the settings for the EKMPay Payment Gateway. Click the Add EKMPay button on the right-hand side:
5. The page will update, and you’ll see the ‘In Progress’ status on the far right-hand side.
6. Your next step is to wait for contact from the Payments Team here at EKM. They will take you through the application process and activate the EKMPay Payment Gateway on your EKM online shop.
1. When EKMPay has been added to your EKM online shop, you can add ApplePay so your customers can complete their orders using their Apple devices. To do this, return to the EKMPay settings page and scroll halfway down to find the ApplePay toggle switch:
2. Click the switch to turn on the ApplePay functionality, and then click the Update Settings button on the right-hand side to save your changes:
The EKMPay Virtual Terminal
Thanks to the EKMPay Virtual Terminal, you can take payment over the phone too! To do this, you need to create a Quote on your EKM online shop.
[caution]Before you begin to take telephone payments on the EKMPay Virtual Terminal, to adhere to PCI compliance, ensure that your phone calls from customers will take place on a secure line and in a restricted area; you may wish to create your procedures internally for this purpose. You will also find the Fraud Prevention Resources essential to help you ensure the safety of payments made using this method. [/caution]
1. On the Orders tab, click Add Quote on the top right-hand side:
2. If you have a customer on the phone, it’s a lot quicker for you to add the Products to the Quote first. Scroll down this page, and begin to create their order. You can do this by typing the name of the product in the Product Name field:
3. Alternatively, you can click the magnifying glass symbol and search for the product using the Product Name or Category:
4. When you’ve added the Products to the Quote, scroll back up the page and ask the customer for their Billing and Delivery Details so you can complete the fields provided. If the customer is a regular customer on your EKM online shop and has made an account, click the Select Customer button and you can search for their details that way:
5. When you have completed all the fields, you need to click Save in the top right-hand corner of your Quote:
6. If you now click to go back into the Quote, scroll down and click the Take Payment button:
7. A window will then appear. You need to ask your customer for the long card number, the expiry date and the CVC/security code on the back of the card, before clicking the green button to put the payment through:
8. When the payment has gone through, you can then process the order as normal.
You can easily contact the EKMPay/ClearAccept team directly, via email: email@example.com.
You can also call them on 020 7186 2186. The Clear Accept team are available:
- Monday-Friday: 8am - 6pm
- Saturdays: 9am - 6pm
- Sundays: 10am - 5pm
- Bank Holidays: 10am - 5pm
[remember]You will need your Merchant ID when contacting the Clear Accept team to help them quickly locate your account details. [/remember]
[tips]You can find the Clear Accept Resource Centre here. [/tips]
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. [/contact]