[intro]In this Guide, you’ll learn how to create a Public Profile on Snapchat for your brand, which will allow you to display permanent Highlights, your logo, a bio and a link to your EKM online shop.[/intro]
Creating a Public Profile on Snapchat will allow you to better market your brand on the platform. Public Profiles allow you to upload a copy of your logo (as opposed to using the standard Bitmoji avatar used on personal profiles), add on a bio, your location and a link to your EKM online shop. Public Profiles are a fantastic place to promote both videos and still images in the form of Highlights which can be displayed permanently, as well as being a place to broadcast temporary snaps to your followers.
Creating a Snapchat Ads Account
1. Now you need to click this link and complete the fields provided, before clicking Next:
2. Complete the fields provided, and click Next:
3. If you’re not planning on investing in Snapchat Ads straight away, click Maybe Later:
4. Click Website Visits:
5. Paste your URL into the field provided and click Next:
Creating a Public Profile
6. Click the down arrow in the top right-hand corner, and from the dropdown menu, select the name of your business:
7. In the top left-hand corner, click the down arrow next to Manage Ads, and on the drop-down menu, select Public Profiles:
8. Now click the blue text:
9. You’ll then see a pop-up window display. Log into the Snapchat profile that you created previously on your mobile phone:
10. When you have logged in, you’ll then see this page. Complete all of the fields provided, before clicking the black Create Profile button:
[tips]You need to create a 320 x 320 pixel square version of your logo to upload in the profile picture field. This will be displayed as circular, so be aware you need to leave some space to ensure that no parts of your logo are cropped. [/tips]
11. You’ll then see this page. Click the arrow on the far right-hand side:
12. You have now set up a Public Profile to represent your EKM online shop:
Creating the Highlights for your Public Profile
When you've created your Public Profile, the next step is to add some Highlights which will display permanently. It's best practice not to use standard 'white background' style Product Images from your EKM online shop here, and instead, use images or videos of your Products being used or worn.
13. Open Snapchat on your phone, and click the Profile symbol in the top left-hand corner:
14. Click the name of your EKM online shop:
15. Click Edit Profile:
16. Click Create New Highlight:
17. Click Camera Roll:
18. Select an image from your Camera Roll on your phone to become a Highlight, before clicking the blue Select button. When you’ve selected the image, click Next:
19. Now you need to set a title and a cover. Click the Title text:
20. Now you need to click Finish:
21. This will redirect you back to your Public Profile:
Repeat this process until you have populated your Public Profile with a decent amount of eye-catching content to give other users cause to follow your brand.
[tips]In order to see analytics about the content you’re adding to your Public Profile, select a Category for your Public Profile, add a Chat button for your followers, manage and assign different staff roles and more, it would be worth updating to a Creator Account instead. You can read more about this here. [/tips]
Now you have created your Public Profile on Snapchat, your next step is to connect this to your EKM online shop by returning to this Guide and following the relevant steps.
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question to ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. [/contact]