[intro]In this Guide, you’ll learn how to set up a discount using the Discount Management - Beta feature to offer your customers free delivery on their order when they have added specific Products to their Cart. If you want to use the original Discount Management feature instead to set up this kind of Discount, you will need to refer to this Guide instead.
Before you begin, you will need to have installed the Discount Management - Beta feature on your EKM online shop by following the steps within this Guide.
1. Click Add Discount:
2. You will then need to complete the Basic Details for your discount by filling in the fields provided:
3. Will you be setting up any more discounts and if so, will this discount work in conjunction with them? If you want to allow customers to use this discount and another discount at the same time, you need to tick this box. Otherwise, leave the box blank:
[tip]If you want to create different discounts that run at the same time, you will need to learn about Discount Priority. This allows you to work out the order that several discounts should be applied to a customer’s order if you have designated them to be stackable. [/tip]
Require Coupon Code
4. Tick this box, and in the element that appears, click the green Add New Category button:
5. This will open a new tab on your browser, displaying the Add Category page:
A Coupon Category is the name given to a folder of Coupon Codes. Some of your discounts may only use a single Coupon Code, whilst other discounts may require the use of hundreds of single-use codes. In either case, you need to create a Category for your Coupon Codes to reside in.
It’s a good rule of thumb to create one Category per discount, to begin with. Then if you plan to have similar offers in the future, you can always use an existing Category of Coupon Codes and extend the dates on them to be used on your new discount.
6. Give your Category a Name and Description. These are not visible to the customer, but so you as the EKM online shop owner can see at a glance what kind of codes are contained within that Category. When you have added in these details, you need to click the green Add Codes button:
7. You then need to add your Coupon Codes into the field provided:
[tips]When creating your Coupon Codes, make them difficult to guess - some online shoppers will experiment with codes on the off chance that they can trigger a discount! You must use ALL CAPITAL LETTERS when creating a Coupon Code, but try to incorporate random numbers in there too which will make your Coupon Codes more difficult to guess. [/tips]
8. You then need to add in the Start and End Dates that the Coupon Codes will be valid for:
[remember] The Discount can run for a specific period of time and refers to one specific offer. A Coupon Code can run for a longer period of time than the Discount, and can also be applied to more than one Discount at once. [/remember]
9. Finally, you need to decide whether the Coupon Codes can be used multiple times. The majority of the time this will be ‘yes’ unless you are making a Gift Voucher or a code for a specific customer:
10. You then need to return to your previous browser tab displaying the Discount you’re in the process of configuring and click the Choose Existing Category button:
11. In the window that appears, you need to tick the box next to the Coupon Category you’ve just created, before clicking the green Add To Discount button on the right-hand side:
12. From the drop-down menu, select Free Delivery:
13. Here, you need to ensure that the Requirement drop-down menu is set to Specific Products In Cart. If you have selected more than one Product in the Applies To section and your discount relies on the selection of specific Products, you need to amend the Product Combination drop-down menu to Specific Combination of Products. If you do not want your discount to work in this way, select Any Combination of Products:
Number of Products In Cart
14. In this field, add in the number of Specific Products that will be included in this discount.
15. You then need to click the Choose Products button to the right-hand side:
16. This will open a window where you can select which Specific Products you would like to include in the discount by ticking the box on the left-hand side for each. When you have finished selecting Products, click the green Add To discount button on the right-hand side:
Use Location Restrictions
17. If you tick this box, you can prevent specific countries from being able to take advantage of this discount. Click the Choose Locations button on the right-hand side:
18. In the window that appears, you can tick the box next to each country which CANNOT receive this discount. If you wish to select lots of countries, click the topmost box which will automatically tick all of the boxes, and then un-tick the boxes for any countries that you want to receive this discount. When you have finished configuring your countries, click the green Add To Discount button on the right-hand side:
Use Delivery Restrictions
19. If you want to exclude customers using specific Delivery Methods from this discount, tick the box and then click the Choose Delivery Methods button on the right-hand side:
20. This will then open a window where you can select which Delivery Methods are EXCLUDED from the discount by ticking the relevant boxes on the left-hand side. When you have selected your Delivery Methods, simply click the green Add To Discount button on the right-hand side:
21. Check the Discount Summary on the right-hand side of the page to ensure that you have configured your settings correctly and that your discount will behave the way you want it to:
22. Finally, you need to click the green Save button on the bottom right-hand side of the page to save your discount:
23. You will then see your completed discount displayed. Using the buttons on the far right-hand side, you can Edit, Delete or Stop your discount:
- Discount Management - Beta: How to set up a Coupon Code
- Discount Management - Beta: Discount Priority
- Discount Management
- Offering Free Shipping and Reduced Shipping
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question to ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. [/contact]