[intro]In this Guide, you’ll learn how to set up a discount using the Discount Management - Beta feature to offer free Products to repeat customers to your EKM online shop.
Before you begin, you will need to have installed the Discount Management - Beta feature on your EKM online shop by following the steps within this Guide.
1. Click Add Discount:
2. You will then need to complete the Basic Details for your discount by filling in the fields provided:
3. Will you be setting up any more discounts and if so, will this discount work in conjunction with them? If you want to allow customers to use this discount and another discount at the same time, you need to tick this box. Otherwise, leave the box blank:
[tip]If you want to create different discounts that run at the same time, you will need to learn about Discount Priority. This allows you to work out the order that several discounts should be applied to a customer’s order if you have designated them to be stackable. [/tip]
Require Coupon Code
4. Do you want to force the customer to add in a Coupon Code in order for them to receive the discount? If so, you need to tick this box and follow the steps in this Guide. Otherwise, leave the box blank:
5. From the drop-down menu, select Free Products. You then need to add in the Maximum Number Of Products a single customer can claim with this discount. In this example, if the customer has more than 2 Products in their order, they will receive 1 free Product.
You then need to add in the Maximum Number of Individual Products a customer can claim. For example, if a customer spent £300.00 on my EKM online shop, they could claim 6 free Products. In this example, I’m going to cap the number of free Products at 10, so I’m ticking the box to add a limit.
You then need to click the Choose Products button:
6. In the window that opens up, you can select the free Product by ticking the box to the left-hand side of the Product. When you have finished selecting your Products, you need to click the green Add To Discount button on the right-hand side:
7. You then need to add the limit of free Products a customer can receive in total into the Maximum field. For example, if you don’t want to set a limit, add 99 to the field as the chances are that customers will not want to receive as many as 99 free Products. In this example, I’m putting a cap of 10 free Products on my discount:
8. Here, you need to ensure that the Requirement drop-down menu is set to Payment Method, and then click the Choose Payments button on the right-hand side:
9. In the window that opens up, select which Payment Method you want to use to trigger this discount by ticking the appropriate box on the left-hand side. When you have finished, click the green Add To Discount button on the right-hand side:
10. You’ll then see your chosen Payment Method listed:
Use Location Restrictions
11. If you tick this box, you can prevent specific countries from being able to take advantage of this discount. Click the Choose Locations button on the right-hand side:
12. In the window that appears, you can tick the box next to each country which CANNOT receive this discount. If you wish to select lots of countries, click the topmost box which will automatically tick all of the boxes, and then un-tick the boxes for any countries that you want to receive this discount. When you have finished configuring your countries, click the green Add To Discount button on the right-hand side:
Use Delivery Restrictions
13. If you want to exclude customers using specific Delivery Methods from this discount, tick the box and then click the Choose Delivery Methods button on the right-hand side:
14. This will then open a window where you can select which Delivery Methods are EXCLUDED from the discount by ticking the relevant boxes on the left-hand side. When you have selected your Delivery Methods, simply click the green Add To Discount button on the right-hand side:
15. Check the Discount Summary on the right-hand side of the page to ensure that you have configured your settings correctly and that your discount will behave the way you want it to:
16. Finally, you need to click the green Save button on the bottom right-hand side of the page to save your discount:
17. You will then see your completed discount displayed. Using the buttons on the far right-hand side, you can Edit, Delete or Stop your discount:
- Discount Management - Beta: How to set up a Coupon Code
- Discount Management - Beta: Discount Priority
- Offering Free Shipping and Reduced Shipping
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question to ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. [/contact]