[intro] When you have completed this guide, you will have installed the Classifications feature and will be able to classify your EKM online shop as a whole, Categories and individual Products too. It's essential to classify your Products - and especially so if you intend to export your Products to your eBay shop at a later date.
Installing the Feature
1. From the Dashboard screen, click the Features tab:
2. Now you need to click the Feature Library tab:
3. Scroll down to the Product Management Features, and click the View More button:
4. Then you need to click the Classifications icon:
5. Click the green Install button:
6. Now you need to click the green Launch button:
7. You will then see the Classifications feature:
Configuring your Classifications
Classifying your EKM online shop, Products and Categories is essential! By classifying your EKM online shop you are labelling the content for third-party sites such as eBay and Google Shopping, so your goods can be quickly identified and organised. How you classify your EKM online shop depends on what you plan to do in the future - if you plan to export your Products to eBay at a later date, then you need to use eBay’s Classifications, but if you simply want to sell solely from your EKM online shop, Google’s Classifications would be the best choice for you.
1. Begin by ticking the most applicable option at the top of the page:
2. Now you need to click the Edit button:
3. This will open a very long window that lists all the different categories that your EKM online shop could be classified as:
Now you need to sort through the different folders and find the most applicable ‘bottom-level’ Category for your EKM online shop. Bottom-level means that there are no more folders to click into within the one that you have selected. This is essential, as if you do not use a bottom-level Category, your Products will not be correctly classified by the third-party platforms. To navigate through the folders, click the green cross icons - these indicate that there are other Categories within. If you are struggling to find a classification that fits your EKM online shop, think about your most popular Product, and select this instead.
4. When you have found the most applicable Category, scroll down and click the Select button at the bottom of the window:
5. You’ll now notice the Classification for your EKM online shop as a whole is visible within the Classification feature. When you have selected the Classification for your EKM online shop as a whole, click the Save button:
As well as classifying your EKM online shop as a whole, it’s also useful to classify your Categories, especially if you sell lots of different kinds of Products.
1. To do this, click the Products/Shop tab:
2. Ensure that the Edit Content button is turned on:
3. Then in your Menu, you’ll see an Edit Content next to each of your Categories. Click the button on the first Category, and select Edit:
4. This will open the Edit Category window. Now you have installed the Classifications feature on the Features page, you’ll notice that you now have a Classifications tab to your left-hand side. Click this:
5. This will then display the list of folders, similar to the one within the Classifications feature:
6. Again, you need to work through the folders and select a bottom-level Category that is the most appropriate for that particular Category. When you have selected the folder, scroll down - you can also click a button that will apply this Classification to all of the Subcategories and Products within it for you. Then you need to click the green Save button:
7. Repeat this process with the rest of the Main Categories on your EKM online shop to classify as much of your content as possible.
Classifying Individual Products
Depending on the type of Products you sell on your EKM online shop, you may have some items where the Classification of the Category does not apply to one particular product. In this case, you need to classify the individual Product.
1. To do this, open the Edit Product window of the Product and then click More Options and you’ll notice that you now have a Classifications tab:
2. As before, you need to locate the most applicable folder for that single Product. When you have selected it, scroll to the bottom of the window and click the green Save button:
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. [/contact]