[intro]Before you begin this Guide, you should have ideally opened a Gmail account especially for your EKM online shop as you can link other services such as Google Search Console and Google Analytics to it. When you have completed this Guide, you will have successfully embedded your Google Form on your EKM online shop.
Google Forms are a fantastic way to create surveys, mailing lists and quizzes on your EKM online shop. They can be customised with your logo and branding to match the aesthetic of your shop, and the actual content of the form can be amended to suit you. All of the results from the form are automatically added to a Google Sheet which you can then process accordingly. You can read more about Google Forms here and Google Sheets by clicking here.
1. When you have created your form and populated it with branding and content, you need to click the Send button in the top right-hand corner:
2. In the window that appears, you need to click the embed symbol:
3. This will reveal the Embed HTML options for your form, which is displayed using an iframe. If you’ve not used an iframe before, this basically means a ‘window’ will be created on the Webpage or online shop where you add the code that will display your Google Form. You can change the width and height that the window will display at, but bear in mind it is worth adding the code at this default first size, which should work well with all Themes. Click Copy:
4. In a separate browser tab, you need to log into your EKM online shop and click the Design tab:
5. On the Design Page, you need to click Webpages:
6. Click Edit next to the Webpage you would like to add your Google form to:
7. In the Edit Webpage window, click the Source button:
8. You then need to paste in the code you have copied for your Google Form:
9. Click the Source button again, and you’ll see a white box has been added to your Webpage, which is the iframe for your Google Form. You may want to centralise this by highlighting it and clicking the Centralise Text button, dependent on the Theme on your EKM online shop:
10. Finally, you need to click Save & Close on the bottom right-hand side of the Edit Webpage window:
11. When the cache has cleared on your EKM online shop, you need to go and check that your Google Form is displaying correctly with your Theme:
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question ask the EKM Team, join us in ekmCommunity. [/contact]