[intro]When you have completed this Guide, you will have successfully set up a Bulk Discount on one of the Products within your EKM online shop. [/intro]
The Bulk Discounts feature is worth using if your EKM online shop sells lots of small Products or components where you know that your customers will want to purchase these in bulk. Using this feature, you can set up discounts on individual products so that the more units a customer purchases, the less the unit price will be.
[caution] Bulk Discounts cannot be applied to Products that have Variants. If you wish to set up a discount on a Product with Variants, you need to use the Discount Management feature instead. [/caution]
Installing the Feature
1. From the Dashboard, click the Features tab:
2. Click the Feature Library tab:
3. Scroll down to the Product Management features and click the View More button on the right-hand side:
4. Click the Bulk Discounts icon:
5. Click the green Install Feature button:
6. When the feature has been installed, you'll see this notification:
You will need to open the Edit Product window for the Product you would like to add your Bulk Discount to either via the Shop tab or the Advanced Inventory Manager.
Configuring your Bulk Discount
5. In the Edit Product window for the Product you want to add a Bulk Discount to, click More Options:
6. Click Bulk Discounts:
7. You’ll then need to configure your Bulk Discounts using the fields provided:
8. You need to add the unit amount in the Quantity Range field, and then add the price of that particular quantity in the Unit Price field. Click the green Add button to add different quantities and prices until you have finished completing your Bulk Discount:
In this example, if a customer buys one Product, it costs £3.99. If they purchase 5 of this Product, the price is reduced to £2.99 per unit. You’ll notice the infinity symbol - ∞ - on the lower row. This is because the system will presume that the final Quantity Range from the minimum quantity will be infinity.
9. When you have finished making your Bulk Discount, click the Save & Close button:
What the customers see
10. On the Product Page, you’ll see the Bulk Discount display like this:
[remember] If the Product has the Add To Cart button disabled, the price selector will not be visible. Also, unlike discounts set up in the Discount Management feature, Bulk Discounts are not visible on the Cart Page - the prices will be correct but there is no visible notification that the Bulk Discount has been applied other than the reduced unit price for the Products. [/remember]
[tips]If you have a lot of different individual Products that you would like to add Bulk Discounts to, you can do this to multiple Products at once by using spreadsheets and following the steps in this Guide. [/tips]
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. [/contact]