[intro] When you have completed this Guide, you will have installed and configured the Trade Discounts feature on your EKM online shop. [/intro]
[remember] This feature is only available for EKM online shops on the Advanced and Pro tiers. If you wish to have this functionality on your own EKM online shop, you will need to upgrade your account first. [/remember]
Trade Discounts allow you to set up specific percentage discounts for trade customers to your EKM online shop. You can set up your shop to ensure that customers have to log in before it’s possible for them to view the shop. Individual products can be excluded from Trade Discounts, so you can pick and choose which items are included in a trade discount.
You can also create different ‘Discount Tiers’ within this feature, so you can create different tiers of trade customers if need be. Customer accounts can then be assigned to specific tiers accordingly.
[remember] Before you begin, you need to install the Customer Login feature on your EKM online shop. [/remember]
[warning] You cannot use the Trade Discounts feature if Klarna is your payment gateway. [/warning]
Installing the Feature
1. From the Dashboard, click the Features tab:
2. On the Features page, scroll down and click the Trade Discounts icon:
3. Click the green Install Feature button:
4. This will reveal the Trade Discount Settings page, which is divided up into three sections.
[remember] When you install the Trade Discounts feature, it will be applied to all Products by default. You can exclude some Products if you wish to - the steps are outlined later on in this Guide.[/remember]
Configuring the Feature
5. The first section is ‘Allow public Access to shop’ - tick the box provided if you would like customers to be able to view your shop without forcing them to log in, and then click the green Save button:
6. The next section is ‘Discount Tiers’. Here you can set up the actual Trade Discounts; you can set up one for all trade customers to use, or alternatively, set up several different ones to offer your customers different discount tiers. Click the green Add Discount Tier button:
[tips] If you set up multiple discount tiers, it’s best practice to set up a Webpage which explains the cost and benefits of each different tier you offer to your customers. [/tips]
7. In the Add Discount Tier window that appears, you need to add a name for your Discount Tier, and the amount of discount trade customers on this tier are eligible for in the fields provided. When you are completed, click the green Add Discount Tier button:
8. You’ll then see the discount visible on the Trade discounts Settings page. Click the Assign Trade Accounts button to add trade customers to this discount:
9. In the window that appears, you can select whether to assign an existing customer (who has created an account on your EKM online shop via the Customer Login feature) or whether you want to create an account for a completely new customer.
For the purposes of demonstration, click the Add Existing Customer button:
10. In the add Existing Customer window, use the search field to find your customer using their name or their email address by typing in the field provided and clicking the Search button:
11. When you have located the customer, click the Add Trade Account button to the right of their name. You can add several customers at once within this window:
12. You’ll then see the customer listed within the Trade Accounts element towards the bottom of the page. You’ll notice that above the customer’s email address, there are three indicators; Trade Customers is the name of the Discount Tier I have added this customer to, Active is the current status of the customer’s account and Password Pending indicates that the customer has not yet set a password for their account on my shop yet:
[remember] Customers will not see the discount prices of their order until they have logged into their account on your EKM online shop, added some Products to the Cart and visited the Cart Page. The Cart Page is where their Trade Discount is visible for the first time to them. [/remember]
Excluding Products from Trade Discounts
13. Within the Advanced Inventory Manager, open the Edit Product window for the Product you would like to exclude from Trade Discounts:
14. Click More Options on the left-hand side of the window:
15. Click Trade Discounts:
16. To exclude the Product from any Trade Discounts, simply un-tick the box provided before clicking Save & Close:
- Submitting your EKM online shop to Google
- Submitting your EKM online shop to Bing
- Using Alexa with your EKM online shop