[intro]When you have completed this Guide, you will know how to add Size Variants onto your Products using the Add/Edit Product window.[/intro]
[caution]This Guide is intended for use with the Aerial Theme. If you are using a different Theme or your EKM online shop is in Custom Mode, click here for the correct Guide. [/caution]
Whilst obviously very useful for displaying Products in different sizes, such as clothing and footwear, Size Variants can also work very well with tools, rings and small components, where different sizes are key to the purchase.
Before you begin, you need to have completed this Guide so that you understand the best way to display Products with Variants on your EKM online shop without affecting your customer's experience or page speed.
Locating the Add/Edit Product window
1. From the Dashboard, click the Products tab:
2. If you have already created a Category and some Subcategories, click through these until you locate where you would like your new Product to be displayed, before clicking Add Product in the top right-hand corner. However, if you want to create a Product on the Homepage itself, just click Add Product:
3. As usual, you’ll need to complete the fields for Product Name, Description and Price minimally, before you click the Variants tab on the top left-hand side of the Add/Edit Product window:
Manually adding Size Variants
4. Click Add Variant:
5. Click the Create Variant button for ‘Size’:
6. Give the Variant a name and add the names of the Sizes into individual rows, clicking the green Add button to add each one. You can also tick the box at the top if you wish for the different sizes available to be highlighted on the Category Page. When you are complete, click the green button:
7. You’ll then see all of the Size Variants displayed like this. You’ll be able to click the Edit button next to each to add Attributes to each Variant as normal. When you have finished, simply click Save & Close:
8. On the Product Page, the customers will be able to see at a glance what sizes of that specific Product are available:
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. [/contact]