[intro] When you have completed this Guide, you will have learned all about Order Statuses and how to create your own custom versions. [/intro]
An Order Status is assigned to every order so you can quickly ascertain the state of it and whether it’s Pending, Completed or Cancelled. You can, if need be, create custom Order Statuses too, which is very useful if your EKM online shop deals with customers who pay only by Purchase Orders.
1. From the Dashboard, click the Settings tab:
2. Then you need to click Order Statuses beneath the Advanced Settings header on the left-hand side:
3. This will reveal all of the possible Order Statuses on your EKM online shop. The default statuses are shown below:
4. ‘Pending’ is the only status that cannot be deleted, as it needs to exist for the Payment Gateways.
All other Gateways can be edited by clicking the Edit button:
5. This will open the Edit Status window. Here you can edit the name and colour of the status, and choose whether you want that order to be counted in the sales figures on the Dashboard page:
6. On the bottom right of the page, you can click the green New Order Status button to create a new order status on your EKM online shop:
This is particularly useful if you deal with several companies who pay primarily by Purchase Orders, as you can create a custom status named after each company and assign that to each of their completed orders. That way, at the end of the month, you can easily filter the completed orders for a specific company on the Orders screen.
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. [/contact]