[intro] Before you begin this guide, you need to ensure that you have purchased a domain from EKM Domains. It is possible to claim a free domain from EKM Domains so if you have not claimed yours yet, click here to read the Guide. Alternatively, if your domain is supplied by another provider, you will need to purchase your email address from that provider instead.[/intro]
- Creating your EKM email account
- Configuring your email
- Logging into your EKM email Account
- Forwarding your email
As you are creating your EKM online shop, it's essential that you create an email address on your domain for customers to contact you and for you to contact them, as it's considered bad practice to use a personal free email address for this purpose; not only does it appear unprofessional to email customers from a free personal email address (such as Yahoo, Gmail, BTinternet, etc), but it can also see your emails to your customers blocked as your messages can be wrongly labelled as spam.
Creating your EKM email account
1. To add an email address onto your EKM Domain, you need to log into your website as normal, click the Settings tab, then beneath the Shop Settings header on the top left of the page, click Domain Name:
2. Click the green Log In button to enable you to log into your EKM Domains account:
3. When you have logged into your EKM Domains account, click the red email icon on your top right:
4. Then click the Manage Mailboxes grey button to the right of the domain you would like to add your email address onto:
[remember]Be sure to add the email address to the primary domain on your EKM online shop. [/remember]
5. You now need to click the blue Purchase A Mailbox button to your bottom right:
6. You now have two choices- a 5gb Mailbox and a 15gb mailbox. Select the mailbox you would like by clicking the blue Add To Basket button:
If you plan to access this email address using a program such as Outlook, Mac Mail or Thunderbird where the emails are downloaded from the server, you should be fine selecting a 5GB Mailbox.
7. This will open a window in the middle of your screen- in the Email Address Field, you need to add the name of the email address and in the Password field, add the password you would like to use to read your emails, then click Add to Basket:
If you are opening this email to populate the Shop Email Address field on your EKM online shop, you should select Sales, Orders or similar, as this is the email address customers will see when they receive their Order Placed email.
8. Click the blue Continue to Checkout button:
9. Click the Checkout button:
10. You will then need to enter your card details to complete payment. When you have completed the fields provided, click the Proceed button:
11. When the system has processed your order, click the Continue button to return to the EKM Domains dashboard:
You will now have to wait 24 hours for the email address to propagate onto your domain. When this time has elapsed, you will be able to configure, send and receive emails as normal.
Configuring your Email
If you want to configure your EKM email address with your computer or mobile device, please select our guides:
You can also find links to these Support Guides within your EKM Domains account by clicking the red Email icon on the top right and then Manage Mailboxes - the Support Guides are listed with the light blue box.
Logging into your EKM Email Account
To log into your email account without logging into your EKM online shop and then your EKM Domains account first type the following into your browser’s address bar:
Then click enter, and you will see the login screen for your email address:
Save this address in your browser's bookmarks/favourites for future use.
Forwarding your email
1. To Forward your Emails from the webmail account to a personal email address, you need to log into the email inbox and click Settings:
2. Under the Settings header, click Mail Forwarding:
3. Tick the Enabled checkbox and add the email address you would like the email forwarded to. The Save Local copy tick box means that one copy of the email will remain in this inbox and another will be forwarded to your email address. Save your changes by clicking the blue Save button on the bottom left:
- Adding an Alias to your EKM Email Address
- Claiming your free EKM Domain Name
- Adding an SSL Certificate to your EKM online shop
- What SSL Certificates does EKM Domains offer?
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. [/contact]