[intro] Offering free or reduced shipping to your customers is good for encouraging sales, however, it's essential that this is set up correctly. This guide will explain how to offer reduced shipping according to the value of a customer's order. [/intro]
To offer Free Shipping to your customers, you need to set this up using the Discount Management feature. Click here to learn how. You can also use Additional Costs within Price Restrictions to offer reduced shipping to your customers, which is useful for encouraging customers to purchase large orders from your EKM online shop.
1. To do this, you would create a new Delivery Method and leave the Price field at the top of the page set to zero:
2. You would then need to tick the box to enable Price Restrictions:
3. Then you would need to add your discount prices for your Delivery Method, which would be applied according to the subtotal of the customer’s order:
These settings have ensured that the shipping costs on my customer’s orders are reduced the more they spend on my EKM online shop, and any orders with a subtotal over £100.00 will not be charged for shipping. When you have set this up on your own EKM online shop be sure to test this Delivery Method to ensure that it works correctly, using this guide.
- Settings - Delivery
- Delivery - Country Groups
- Delivery - Delivery Options for Unusual Products
- Delivery - Delivery Widgets on the Shopping Cart page
- Delivery - Testing your Delivery Methods
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question ask the EKM Team, join us in ekmCommunity. [/contact]