[intro] When you have completed this Guide, you will have created a mandatory drop-down message on the Order Summary page of the Checkout Flow. [/intro]
If you are planning a holiday, adding a drop-down menu on the Order Summary page allows you to get customers to confirm that they understand something specific, such as when their order will be shipped. This is useful as it allows customers to browse and order from your EKM online shop whilst you are away and gives them clear information for when their order will be shipped on your return.
If you don't want to add a mandatory drop-down menu on the Order Summary, install the Holiday Mode feature which will allow customers to place orders whilst you are away, but will still make them aware of your holiday.
1. To begin, click Settings in the bottom left-hand corner:
2. You then need to click Checkout on the left-hand side:
3. Scroll down to the Checkout Steps, click Order Summary and then Edit Settings:
4. Click Edit next to Additional Information Fields:
5. Click the green Add Field button:
6. Click Select Field Type next to Drop Down List:
7. You’ll then see a form displayed:
8. You’ll need to populate the fields within it with a custom message advising them of a potential delay to their order being shipped (for example), and a drop-down box with ‘yes/no’ answers to allow them to confirm they are happy to wait for their order. When you have completed the fields using the image below as a guide, click the green Save button on the bottom right of the screen:
[remember] If you add 'yes/no' options to cancel the order on behalf of your customer if they're not happy to wait until you return to ship their goods, bear in mind that some Payment Gateways - such as Paypal - may charge you for cancelling the order. Whilst in theory, most customers will realise that they may have to wait and simply abandon the order, be prepared for the odd ones who go one step further and pay for something that they're not happy to wait for! [/remember]
9. Then you need to use an incognito browser window to visit the front end of your EKM online shop and check everything displays correctly:
[tips] You can also add a custom message to the Shopping Cart Page too, which will warn the customer of some delay before they enter the Checkout Flow. To do that, you’ll need to use this Guide.[/tips]
[remember] You may also need to review your Payment Methods, as using PayPal Express will allow customers to bypass the Checkout Flow. You may want to remove the PayPal Express button from the Cart page for the duration of your holiday - to do this, you'll need this Guide.
To ensure that every customer ticks the box to agree to their order being shipped later, you would need to ensure that you select Payment Gateways that can be configured to ensure that each of your customers will reach the Order Summary page of the Checkout Flow to see the custom message.[/remember]
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. [/contact]