[intro] Before you begin this guide, you need to ensure that you’ve installed the Fax Payment Method by reading this guide first. When you have completed both guides, you will have installed the offline Payment Gateway Fax on your EKM online shop.
- The Customer’s Journey
- How to edit the Order Complete Messages
- How to add Logos to the Payment Gateway
- How to remove the Payment Gateway
Configuring the Payment Gateway
1. When you have installed the Fax Payment Gateway, you will be presented with these fields:
2. You can amend the Visible Name if you wish, and in the second field you need to add in your company’s fax number. Click Update Settings:
3. You can also limit what devices this Payment Gateway can be used with by clicking the Devices header:
4. This will reveal two switches - one for mobile viewers of your EKM online shop, and one for those visiting using a desktop. It’s standard to have the Payment Gateway turned on for both, however if you want to limit them for any reason, simply click the switch and then click the green Update button.
The Customer’s Journey
1. When a customer has reached the Order Summary page of your Checkout Flow, the Fax Payment Method looks like this:
2. When the customer clicks the Payment button, they will see this Order Complete page:
3. This provides the customer with the details that they will need in order to contact you. When you have received the money from the customer, you can then process their order as normal.
[tips] The Fax Payment Gateway is very useful during the construction of your EKM online shop, as you can install it and use it to experience the customer journey from Homepage, through Category and Product pages, right through the Checkout Flow to the Order Complete page.
Whilst technically, you can do this with any of the Offline Payment Gateways, get into the habit of using Fax for your testing, as even on a live EKM online shop since Fax machines are relatively rare these days, the chances of any customers selecting Fax as a Payment Gateway whilst you are testing things is incredibly slim, when compared to Cheque, Telephone or Bank Transfer. [/tips]
How to edit the Order Complete Messages
1. If you need to edit the Order Complete Message that is displayed on the Order Complete page, from the Settings tab, click Checkout on the left-hand side:
2. Scroll down to the Checkout Steps and hover over the Order Complete step - you’ll see an Edit Settings button appear. Click it:
3. Click the Edit button for Order Complete Messages:
4. Click Edit Success Message:
5. In the window that opens up, you can edit the text within it to suit your brand. However, be careful not to delete the EKM Tags as these are essential and display important information to your customer regarding their order. Click the Save button when you have finished making your changes.
How to add Logos to the Payment Gateway
1. If you want to add logos to the Payment Gateway so customers can easily identify what cards you accept, from the Settings tab, click Checkout:
2. Scroll down to the Checkout Steps and hover over Order Summary. You’ll see an Edit Settings button appear - click it:
3. Click the Edit button for Payment Buttons:
4. Click the Edit button for the Payment Gateway you would like to add the logos to:
5. A window will then appear:
6. Click the logos you would like to add to the Gateway and then click the Save button:
7. When the Logos have been applied, they will appear on the Order Summary page of the Checkout Flow like this:
How to remove the Payment Gateway
1. If you want to remove the Payment Gateway completely from your EKM online shop, you need to return to the Payments page via the Settings tab, and click Configure for Fax:
2. On the Configure page, click the button to the left:
3. This will remove the Fax Payment Gateway completely from your EKM online shop.
- Offline Payment Gateways - Telephone
- Offline Payment Gateways - Payment on Delivery
- Offline Payment Gateways - Purchase Orders
- Offline Payment Gateways - Cheque
- Offline Payment Gateways - Bank Transfer
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question ask the EKM Team, join us in ekmCommunity. [/contact]