[intro]When you have completed this Guide, you will have installed and configured the Customer Reviews feature so customers can leave their comments on the Product Pages of items that they’ve bought from your EKM online shop.[/intro]
Before you begin, you need to ensure that you’ve installed the Customer Logins feature previously, as customers need to be able to make an account on your shop in order to leave a review.
Installing the Feature
1. From the Dashboard, click the Features tab:
2. Now you need to click Feature Library:
3. Scroll down to the Made by EKM group of features, and click the View More button on the right-hand side:
4. Click the Customer Reviews icon:
5. Click the green Install feature button in the bottom right-hand corner:
6. Now you need to click the green Launch button on the top right-hand side:
Configuring your Settings
7. Click the Settings button in the top right-hand corner:
8. In the window that appears, you’ll have a number of different settings:
Require Login - If you want customers to log in before they leave a review, you’ll need to install the Customer Login feature.
Product Review Emails - this will send your customers an email asking them to leave a review for Products they’ve purchased. When you tick this box, you’ll see some additional options.
Product Review Email Timing - Using the dropdown menus, you can select the amount of time after the customer’s order is given a specific Order Status when the system will send the customer an email requesting that they leave a review:
Allow Star Ratings - these provide a view of how a product has been rated at a glance.
Order Reviews - this drop-down is down to personal preference; by default, it’s set to ‘Oldest’, but you may find ‘Highest Rated’ or ‘Most Recent’ more beneficial, depending on what you sell on your EKM online shop.
9. When you have finished amending these settings, you need to click the green Save button in the bottom right-hand corner:
What your customers see
10. Depending on the Settings you configured for when your customers will receive an email requesting a review of the products within their order, their email will look something like this:
[remember]The emails are sent from your EKM online shop per the settings in the Customer Reviews feature and can be sent at noon or midnight within a 24-hour period, depending on the time the order was placed and the feature settings.[/remember]
11. Your customer can then either click the ‘Rate this Product’ button within the review email or alternatively, log into their account on your EKM online shop and click the Orders icon:
12. On the Orders page, your customer needs to click on the Write A Review link below each Product Image, or alternatively, if they have previously left a review on a Product, they can click the Edit Your Review link beneath the Product Image:
Managing your Reviews
13. When a customer has submitted a review, you’ll automatically receive an email from your EKM online shop:
14. You can either click the View Product Review button within the email or alternatively, log into your EKM online shop and open the Customer Reviews feature. There, you’ll see any unpublished reviews:
15. Using the tabs on the top left-hand side, you can Filter the reviews, or if you click Bulk Change:
16. You can then tick the boxes next to the reviews and bulk update them using the buttons in the top right-hand corner:
17. Or you can click Approve on the right-hand side of each individual review which will instantly publish it to the relevant Product Page:
18. You can also respond to the customer by clicking the title of the Review:
19. Add your response to the field provided, before clicking the Reply button on the right-hand side:
20. You will then see your response below the review:
[remember]It is not best practice to delete product reviews. If you receive a negative review, reach out to your customer to see if there’s anything you can do to help them. There’s some very useful guidance here for dealing with customer reviews. [/remember]
Frequently Asked Questions
How often will my EKM online shop send out Product Review Emails?
This depends on the settings within the Customer Reviews feature, but once you have amended the Order to the correct Order Status, the Product Review Email will be sent automatically by your EKM online shop to your customer within 24 hours of the duration specified within the feature itself.
How many images can my customers add to a Product Review?
They can add up to five images per Product Review.
What happens if my customers click a Product Review Image?
Clicking an image will display it larger and within a modal, so visitors can get a closer look at the image.
How many Reviews will be displayed on a Product Page at once?
All EKM online shop Themes will display a maximum of 5 Product Reviews per Product Page by default.
I cannot see the Product Reviews on the front end of my EKM online shop - why?
This could be because your EKM online shop is in Custom Mode. If you contact the Customer Support Team, they will be able to advise you further.
How can I edit the Product Review emails?
By following the steps in this Guide.
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. [/contact]