[intro]If you’re creating new Design Images for your EKM online shop, this Guide lists the ideal dimensions for all of the Images used within the Aerial Theme. [/intro]
Design Images are pictures on your EKM online shop which are neither your logo, Product or Category images. Design Images are used to:
- Depict the ethos and branding of your EKM online shop;
- Promote specific Products and Categories;
- Highlight any current offers and promotions;
- Aid navigation (by being hyperlinked to another page on your EKM online shop).
It’s essential that when you create Design Images for your EKM online shop that they are of the highest possible quality as ultimately, the look of these graphics will determine whether any new customers to your shop click deeper within it.
[remember]When replacing the Design Images, you can use royalty-free images from the likes of Pixabay and Unsplash, but do not be tempted to use pictures from Google without express permission from the copyright holder, or pictures that are watermarked as this will make your EKM online shop look unprofessional and can put customers off. [/remember]
|Category Promo Grid|
|Recently Viewed Products|
|Text With Image|
This section offers four different designs and three different heights:
If you have ticked the box to use the Parallax effect on the image within this section, you must remember to double the height of the image you use in this area.
|USP||4 x 40px x 40px .png icon with transparent backgrounds|
[remember]Before you upload any Design Images to your EKM online shop, you need to upload them to Tinypng or Tinyjpg first to optimise them. Optimising your images means removing superfluous data from the image without affecting the quality of the image itself. This ensures that your Design Images do not negatively impact the page loading speed of your EKM online shop.[/remember]
Dos & Don'ts
- Keep text minimal and to the point;
- Check for spelling mistakes;
- Ensure images a cropped to the right shape and are the minimum size;
- Look at other websites for inspiration.
- Use text within your images where possible - use the separate text field;
- Use watermarked images;
- Don’t forget that your Design Images are as important as your Product Images - these must be high quality to encourage potential customers to click deeper into your EKM online shop.
- How to edit your EKM online shop Homepage
- How to add Categories & Subcategories to your EKM online shop
- How to edit your EKM online shop Category Pages
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Ecommerce Expert or the Customer Support Team, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions Board. If you have a non-account specific question to ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. If you need some inspiration for your EKM online shop, listen to our podcast on iTunes and Spotify.[/contact]