[intro]To display your Products on your Facebook Page which link to the individual Product Pages on your EKM online shop, you need to populate a Product Catalogue within your Facebook Business Manager account.
Before you begin this Guide, you need to ensure that you have installed and configured the Facebook Pixel feature, opened a Facebook Business account and configured the Classifications and Product Attributes features on your EKM online shop.
Before you submit your product data to your Facebook Business account, you need to ensure that every item on your EKM online shop is populated with:
- At least one Product Image, which must be at least 500 pixels square;
- A Google classification (via the Classifications tab in the Add/Edit Product window);
- ‘The Brand’ Attribute or;
- If ‘Brand’ is not applicable to a product, instead ensure you’ve used Custom Attributes and populated with either GTIN, MPN, UPC, EAN or ISBN accordingly;
- A Price;
- A Product Name (which is not entirely capital letters);
- A Product Description of at least 200 words (without excessive capitalisation);
- At least one Delivery Method.
By ensuring that this minimal information is populated, you lessen the chance of the Product Feed displaying errors and items being disallowed from your Catalogue. You can read more about data fields and specifications for Catalogues here.
There are some items that cannot be uploaded to a Catalogue and sold on Facebook, Instagram or Whatsapp. You can read more about this in the Terms and Policies. Items prohibited from sale include:
- Adult products;
- Digital media and electronic devices;
- Hazardous goods and materials;
- Ingestible supplements;
- Medical and healthcare products (including medical devices);
- Prescription products and drug paraphernalia;
- Third-party infringement (including counterfeit and unlicensed products);
- Tobacco products and related paraphernalia;
- Weapons, ammunition and explosives.
There are some items that are restricted for sale on Facebook, Instagram or Whatsapp. You can read more about this in the Terms and Policies. Restricted items include:
- Events or admission tickets;
- Gift card and vouchers.
Adding your Catalogue
1. Within your Facebook Business Manager account, click Data Sources on the left-hand side menu:
2. From Data Sources, you need to click Catalogues:
3. Click the blue Add button:
4. From the drop-down menu, click Create New Catalogue:
5. In the window that appears, add the name of your EKM online shop in the field provided and ensure that the Type is set to Products, before clicking the blue Create Catalogue button:
6. In the next window, you need to tick the box next to your name and click the switches for Create Ads and Manage Catalogue before clicking the blue Assign button:
7. You will then see a second window, where you need to ensure that the Facebook Pixel you’ve already set up on your EKM online shop gets linked to this particular Product Catalogue. Tick the box for the Pixel on your EKM online shop, and then click the blue Save button:
8. Now you have created your Catalogue, you will need to tell your Facebook business account where to fetch the Product Feed from, so click Add items:
9. On the next page, you need to tick the box for Scheduled Feed and click the blue Next button:
10. You’ll then see this page:
11. In a separate browser tab, log into your EKM online shop, and open up the Facebook Pixel feature. You need to copy the Product Catalogue Feed URL from within the feature, by clicking the Copy button:
12. Return to the browser tab displaying your Facebook Business account, and paste the URL in the field provided, before clicking the blue Next button:
13. Now you need to schedule when you want Facebook to read the data on your Product Feed. Set this as Daily, at 5 am GMT and make sure the switch for Add Automatic Updates is on, before clicking the blue Next button:
14. On the final page, add the name of your EKM online shop in the upper field, and using the drop-down beneath, select GBP as your currency, before clicking the blue Upload button:
You’ll then need to wait a few moments - or a few minutes, depending on the number of Products you have on your EKM online shop - to upload. If there are any data feed errors, these will need to be addressed. Read more about troubleshooting data feed errors.
15. When you have added your feed and it has been accepted, it should look like this:
16. Looking at the menu on the left-hand side of the page, you have a number of different options:
Here, you’ll see all of the individual Products from your Product feed. You can sort them by Attributes, view any Issues they may have, and organise them into Sets.
Here is where you can also organise your Products into Sets. A ‘Set’ is ultimately a collection of Products, so you would be best creating a Set for each of your EKM online shop Categories and organising your Products in the same way for best results.
If there’s any issues with your Catalogue, these will be detailed on this page and will require your immediate attention.
Here you can see the Data Sources for your Catalogues - where each of the Product Feeds are located.
If you have set up the Facebook Pixel feature, you can track Events here. Click the blue button:
In the window that appears, you can connect your Facebook Pixel to your Catalogue, so your Facebook Business account knows that your Products and Pixel are located on the same EKM online shop. If you have not done so already, you’ll need to create a Facebook Events Manager account. If you have done this already, click the Connection switch next to your EKM online shop Pixel, and then click the blue Save button:
[remember]If you require further support with your Facebook Business Manager account, you will need to refer to the Facebook Help Centre - our Customer Support Team are unable to provide guidance or advice concerning Facebook products. However, if you would like EKM to manage your Facebook advertising, please contact our PPC Team on 01772 957173 or alternatively, book a call to speak to them. [/remember]
- Adding your Catalogue to your Facebook Page
- Assigning people to your Catalogue
- Removing people from your Catalogue
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question to ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. [/contact]