[intro]When you have completed this Guide, you will have opened a Laybuy account and configured it with your EKM online shop.
Laybuy is a Payment Gateway which allows your customers to purchase items immediately and spread the cost over 6 weekly, interest-free, automatic payments.
Your Laybuy account
If you already have a Laybuy account, you will need to open a separate browser tab and log into your LayBuy Merchant account. If you have not opened a Laybuy account, you can do this by clicking the button illustrated in step 7 of this Guide. Scroll down to step 4 to begin.
1. Within your Laybuy Merchant account, you need to click the down arrow in the top right-hand corner:
2. Select Account from the drop-down menu:
3. Scroll down on this page and you’ll find the Merchant ID and API Key in the bottom right-hand corner:
[remember] A Merchant account and a standard Laybuy account are two different things. Merchants need to log in here. [/remember]
Installing the Feature
4. From the Dashboard page, click the Settings tab on the top right-hand side:
5. On the Settings page, click Payments on the left-hand side:
6. On the Payments page, click Add Method:
7. You’ll then see this page. Add your Merchant ID and API Key from your Laybuy Merchant account into the fields provided, before clicking the green Update settings button:
[tips]If you have not yet opened a LayBuy Merchant account, simply click the Sign Up button in the image above. You'll need to follow the steps on screen to open a Laybuy Merchant account to enable you to access the Merchant ID and API Key required to configure this Payment Gateway. [/tips]
[remember]Laybuy is a third party Payment Gateway, which means you are using a company external to EKM in order to process payments on your EKM online shop. With this in mind, EKM cannot control how the third party processes payments or influence their policies and procedures.
Whilst there are rarely issues with third-party payment gateways, on occasion, it is necessary to contact them directly to resolve any issues as our Customer Support Team is only able to investigate up to the point where the customer is transferred away from your EKM online shop to process their payment before they are redirected back again to complete the order.[/remember]
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question to ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. [/contact]