[intro]EKM Live Chat is a powerful yet simple live chat solution for EKM. Allowing you to offer live support to visitors on your shop in real time, EKM Live Chat is fully integrated, packed full of features and can be added to your shop with a single click. With unlimited operators, chat history and concurrent chats, EKM Live Chat is the perfect tool for reducing shopping cart abandonment and improving customer experience.[/intro]
- Installing the feature
- Your EKM Live Chat Dashboard
- Ban Visitors
- Chat Greetings
- Chat Request Form
- Chat Transcripts
- Customise Chat Window
- Google Analytics
- Mobile Devices
- Idle Options
- Your Account
Increase sales on your shop
Live Chat provides an easy way to handle all sales and support enquiries. It comes with all of the tools you need to connect and communicate with your visitors to turn them into customers.
Reduce cart abandonment
Live Chat allows you to reach out to visitors on your shop in real time. If a visitor has been waiting on your cart pages for too long, you can automatically offer support and help them to check out.
Increase customer satisfaction
It’s proven that Live Chat is the favoured method of ecommerce support; being able to answer questions immediately allows you to increase customer satisfaction.
Installing the Feature
1. From the Dashboard, click the Features tab:
2. On the Features page, scroll down to the More Features box and click the Live Chat icon:
3. You can enjoy the first 14 days of EKM Live Chat for free. After this, you will be charged £4.99 per month for this feature automatically. If you do not wish to keep this feature, you will need to ring our Customer Support Team to cancel the service. To continue, click the green Purchase Now button on the bottom right-hand side of the page:
4. You will then need to click the green Install button on the left-hand side of the page:
5. Now your EKM Live Chat has been created, you simply need to click the green button to log in:
Your EKM Live Chat Dashboard
6. When you log into EKM Live Chat for the very first time, your Dashboard will load by default on the Overview. To begin configuring your account, you need to click the Settings icon the top right-hand corner of the page:
7. The first thing you need to do is check that the details on your EKM Live Chat account are correct. If you need to amend any details, do this before clicking the blue button on the bottom right-hand side to Save them. When you have done this, click the Shortcuts tab on the left-hand side:
8. If you’ve not used a live chat platform before, Shortcuts are pre-written sentences which are triggered by a single word. This allows you to pre-load your account with answers to common questions and saves you having to type out the same responses each time you are asked the same question.
9. You’ll notice that there are already two Shortcuts set up for you at the bottom of the page. These can be edited or deleted to suit:
Any other Shortcuts that you create will be listed in this area too.
Creating a basic Shortcut
10. To create a Shortcut, you need to give the Shortcut a Name and a Message, before clicking the blue button on the bottom right-hand side:
Creating a Shortcut with an Option
11. Again, you will need to add a Name and a Message, but this time you also need to add the different Options using the field provided and the blue Add Option button until you have added the different options you would like. Then you need to click the blue Add Shortcut button as before:
Creating a Shortcut with a Link
12. Give the Shortcut a Name and a Message as before, but this time you need to complete the Link Text field with what word the link will appear as, and the Link URL field needs the target URL pasting within it before you click the blue Add Shortcut button as before:
[tips] Although it can be tempting, don’t create too many Shortcuts as this can result in your chat sounding impersonal and ‘robotic’. Create basic ‘hello’ and ‘goodbye’ versions, and if there or any questions that you are asked regularly - such as ‘where can I find your product catalogue?', for example - create a shortcut for those too. [/tips]
13. You can use triggers to automatically send messages to visitors after certain criteria has been met. For example, if a customer has been on your Cart page for five minutes, you can send them a message asking if they require help. To make a Trigger, you need to complete the Trigger Name field, and then use the drop-down menus to set the rules for that specific Trigger, before clicking the cross symbol to create the Trigger:
14. Then click the blue Add Trigger button:
15. You’ll then see the Trigger appear at the bottom of the page. Any other Triggers that you create will be listed here too:
16. You can easily ban visitors from being able to use the chat functionality by listing their IP address in the field provided. It also helps to list their name and your reason for banning them for your own records. Complete the fields provided before clicking the red button on the bottom right-hand side:
Any banned users are listed in the Previously Banned Visitors at the bottom of the page. Banned Visitors will not know that they have been banned, but they will no longer be able to see the EKM Live Chat window.
17. On this page, you can set what text is displayed within the chat window when chats begin and when your status is marked as Offline or Away. To edit the Greetings on this page, you simply need to amend the Short Greeting and Main Greeting fields, before clicking the blue Save button:
Chat Request Form
Here, you have the option to set up a form for customers to complete before the actual chat begins. This can be a good way of deterring spam/nuisance chatters and also garnering information from customers before they contact you by using the Initial Question functionality.
18. When you click onto this page, it will display this switch by default. Click the red Off switch:
19. This will then reveal three other switches, which you can click to activate:
20. When you have activated the switches for the information you would like customers to give, click the blue Save button on the bottom right-hand side:
21. On this page, you can set EKM Live Chat to email you a copy of every chat as soon as the conversation’s finished for your records. To set this functionality up, all you need to do is click the red Off switch and then click the blue Save button on the right-hand side:
Customise Chat Window
22. Here you can customise the style and the colour scheme of your chat window to match the colour scheme of your own brand:
If you have configured a Google Analytics account to monitor your EKM online shop, then you can set up your Analytics account to measure your chats. To do this, click the Settings button in the top right-hand side of your Dashboard and select Google Analytics on the left-hand side menu, before clicking the red switch:
You can then select what type of Google Analytics you want to enable, using the drop-down menu. When you have finished editing these settings, you need to click the blue Save button on the bottom right-hand side of the page:
If you click the Settings button on the top right-hand side again and from the left-hand side menu, select Mobile Devices. Here you can click a switch before saving your changes to ensure that customers visiting your shop using mobile devices can use the Live Chat window:
These settings are used to designate how much time elapses before your chat status turns to Away automatically. Click thwe Settings button on the top right-hand side and then select Idle Options from the left-hand side menu to reach the drop-down menus required to set this:
On this page, you can pick what sounds are played on your computer to alert you to new chats, new messages and chat requests:
This is where your own details are stored as the owner of the EKM Live Chat account.
On this page, you can add different operators, which allow you to designate specific profiles for your staff members to chat with customers within your EKM online shop. Add Operators by completing the fields provided before clicking the blue Add Operator button:
[warning]If you wish to cancel your trial of EKM Live Chat, you will need to contact our Customer Support Team to remove this feature for you - simply uninstalling the feature will not cancel the monthly payments. [/warning]
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question ask the EKM Team, join us in ekmCommunity. [/contact]