[caution]This Guide is intended for use with Legacy Themes or EKM online shops in Custom Mode. If you are using the Aerial Theme, please click here for the correct Guide. [/caution]
[intro]In this Guide, you’ll learn how to permanently Delete an existing Product on your EKM online shop using the Edit Product window. [/intro]
On occasion, you may need to delete a Product from your EKM online shop. This can be for a variety of reasons; maybe you or your supplier don’t carry this Product any more, or the Product has been recalled, or there’s no more in stock and you don’t wish to restock it. This Guide will take you through the steps required to remove that Product permanently from your EKM online shop.
[warning] Once a Product has been deleted, it cannot be reinstated. If you simply wish to remove the Product from sale, you might be best hiding the Product instead, using this Guide. [/warning]
1. From the Dashboard, click the Shop tab:
On the editable version of your Homepage, make sure that the Edit Content button is highlighted white:
2. Navigate your way to the Product you would like to delete, and click the Edit Content button for that particular Product:
3. This will reveal a drop-down menu, select Delete:
4. This will permanently delete the Product (and it’s Variants and Options if it has any) from your EKM online shop.
- How to change Product Images on an existing Product
- How to add Custom Meta Data to existing Products
- How to add GTIN, MPN, EAN and other Custom Attributes to existing Products
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. [/contact]