[intro]Before you begin, you need to ensure you have completed this Guide and correctly set up your EKM online shop with an Inkthreadable account. In this Guide, you’ll learn how to create Products on the Inkthreadable platform and add these onto your EKM online shop. [/intro]
In this Guide, you'll learn how to create Products on Inkthreadable by uploading your own designs and adding the finished Products onto your EKM online shop.
1. Click Products:
2. Click Product Catalogue:
3. Navigate to a product that you would like to add to your EKM online shop and view the product page. This is where you can upload your design to the product, create the price and if available, select the variants.
You’ll also notice in the product image that the dimensions for the design are included, listed in mm. When you create the image, ensure that it is 300 ppi, and a png file type with RGB colour values.
Click the symbol to upload your own image:
[remember] When you’re creating your graphics to upload onto your Inkthreadable products, the following dimensions apply:
Direct to Garment Printing:
- A maximum size of 32 cm x 50cm (907.1 pixels wide by 1417.3 pixels high)
- Mugs: 20 cm wide x 9 cm high (566.9 pixels wide by 255.1 pixels high)
- Tote Bags: 41.5 x 44cm (1176.4 pixels wide by 1247.2 pixels high) including bleed (approx 37 x 41 cm (1096.2 pixels wide by 1162.2 pixels high) when sewn)
- Throw Cushions: 44 x 44 cm (1247.2 pixels wide by 1247.2 pixels high) including bleed (approx 39 x 39 cm (1105.5 pixels wide by 1105.5 pixels high) when sewn)
- Caps: 12 cm wide by 5.5 cm high
- Beanies: 11 cm wide by 4.5 cm high
These dimensions are of course estimates and the recommended sizes will be displayed on the individual product pages on the Inkthreadable website. The images you create need to be 300ppi png files with RGB colour values. You can read more about Inkthreadable’s Design File Guidelines here. [/remember]
4. Select the image you want to add to your Product from your computer and click Open:
5. You can now drag the edges of your image to fill the given space for that product by dragging the squares. Add the Resale Price into the field provided and then click Create Product:
[remember] When you upload your image to the Inkthreadable website, you will see a 'Bad' print quality error message above the product image, as indicated above. This displays by default, and only then for a few seconds. Once the Inkthreadable website has internally processed your image, you should see a 'Good' message - providing you've uploaded an image with the right standards of course! [/remember]
Creating Products with Variants
You can create as many products as you like for your EKM online shop by repeating the steps above. You can also read more about creating new Inkthreadable products by clicking here.
Exporting Products from Inkthreadable
1. When you’re ready to add the new products to your EKM online shop, click the Export Product symbol:
2. You’ll need to double check the name of your product, as it is by default a combination of the image name and the product name, so amend it to be something more fitting. You should also add onto the product description too at this point, adding some text which is unique to your brand. The bullet points describing the products can remain beneath your text, however it’s important to add to the existing description to prevent any issues with duplicate text.
Scroll to the bottom of the product page and click Add All. This will select all of the different variations of your product for export. As the example product is a mug, it’s only available in one colour, so it has one variation. A t-shirt is available in different colours and sizes, so it would have more variants.
It’s also worth mentioning too that when Products are exported, the export only includes one Product Image. Click Export to EKM:
3. A CSV file will then automatically download onto your computer listing the product that you have chosen to export. Log into your EKM online shop and open Import/Export System on the Features page, before selecting Import From File:
4. Click Choose File, and upload the CSV file you have just downloaded from Inkthreadable, by locating the download, clicking open and then clicking the green Upload button:
5. When the file has been uploaded, click the file name:
6. Click Test For Errors:
7. The results at the foot of the page should read ‘No Errors Detected’. Click Start Import Process:
8. When the file has uploaded, click the green Done button:
9. Click the Features tab:
10. Open the Advanced Inventory Manager feature:
11. You’ll then see a new Category folder called Suggested Products. This is where your new product has been allocated. Click the folder:
12. Click the Edit Pencil button on the far right to open the Edit Product window:
13. Click More Options:
14. Click Category Management:
15. Click Change for the Master Category so you can allocate a more suitable Category for your new product to live in, before clicking Save & Close:
16. You will now be able to view your new product on the front end of your EKM online shop:
[remember] If you have created the 40cm Throw Cushions Product and uploaded it to your EKM online shop, you will need to manually amend the price of the 'Cover Only' Variant accordingly. [/remember]
You can read more about creating Inkthreadable products for your EKM online shop here. Now you have added your Inkthreadable Products to your EKM online shop, the next step is to configure your Delivery Methods according to Inkthreadable’s Prices.
- Claiming your free EKM domain name
- Adding an SSL Certificate to your EKM online shop
- Purchasing an email address on EKM Domains
- Social Plugins
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question ask the EKM Team, join us in ekmCommunity. [/contact]