[intro]When you have completed this Guide, you’ll know how to assign Featured Products to your Homepage and how best to display them for maximum impact. [/intro]
As you’re adding Products to different Categories throughout your online shop, you should consider making some of your individual products Featured Products. A Featured Product is displayed on the Homepage under a prominent header (which varies according to the Theme you have applied). Featured Products are a fantastic way of highlighting products on offer and products that are new to your online shop.
Making a product into a Featured Product does not overwrite its settings within the Category Management tab but provides an extra place to exhibit the product in a prominent place. It’s worth bearing in mind too that Featured Products are displayed on the Homepage of your EKM online shop in the order that they were created. It’s worth checking how many Featured Products you can add in a row on your Homepage so you add enough Featured Products to complete a full row without creating any unnecessary negative empty space.
Creating a Featured Product
1. To make a product a Featured Product, click the Shop tab:
2. Ensure that the Edit Content button on the blue bar to your top right is highlighted:
3. Then navigate through your online shop until you have located the Product you would like to make into a Featured Product. Click the Edit Content button for that Product to open the Edit Product window:
4. Then you need to click the Attributes tab within the Edit Product window:
5. Within the Attributes tab, tick the box for Special Offer and then click Save & Close in the bottom right of the Edit Product window:
6. Click the Shop tab to view the homepage of your EKM online shop:
7. Check the homepage of your online shop, you will be able to see your Featured Product displayed:
8. Ideally, you need to have enough Featured Products to complete a full row so there is no negative white space generated by having just one or two products on display:
[remember] Featured Products are displayed on the Homepage in the order that they have been made into Featured Products - bear this in mind when selecting exactly which Products you want to display in that area. Ideally, one Product from each of your most popular Categories is enough to encourage visitors to click deeper into your EKM online shop. [/remember]
Editing the Featured Products Header
1. On the example using the Wahine Theme on my test shop, Featured Products are listed under a heading called ‘What We Love’:
2. This heading can be edited by clicking the Edit Elements button on the blue bar to your top right:
3. Then click the Edit Element button next to the header text:
4. This will allow you to open the Edit Element window:
5. Edit the text to reword it to fit your branding and your products before clicking the Save & Close button to the bottom right of the Edit Element Window.
[remember]If you cannot see an Edit Element button next to the Header above your Featured Product, this means that the Theme that you have applied to your EKM online shop does not offer the functionality for you to edit that particular element. Don’t worry - if that’s the case, simply get in contact with our Customer Support Team who will be able to amend that for you.[/remember]
- Adding Products using EKM's Edit Product window - Basic and Advanced
- Product Attributes
- Social Plugins
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question ask the EKM Team, join us in EKM Community. [/contact]