[intro] Before you begin, it's a good idea to organise your Navigational structure so you know what you need to create. When you have completed this guide, you will have added Categories and Subcategories using the Advanced Inventory Manager feature. [/intro]
When you have created your navigational structure on paper, you can then create it on your EKM online shop.
1. The best way to do this is to click the Features tab:
2. Then install the Advanced Inventory Manager feature, by clicking it:
3. Click the green Install Feature button to add this feature to your EKM online shop:
When the Advanced Inventory Manager opens, you’ll be faced with a mostly blank screen as you’ve not yet populated the website with Products and Categories.
4. To add the Categories to your website, you need to click the Home symbol in the column to your top left:
5. This Home symbol represents the homepage of your EKM online Shop. Clicking the Home symbol highlights it in green. When it is highlighted, click the Add Category button on the purple bar to your top right:
6. This will open the Edit Category window:
7. This Category will be the first of the Main Categories visible on your homepage. Add its name to the Category Name field, and click the Save & Close button on the bottom right of the window:
Repeat this process until you have added all of your master/main Categories.
Adding Subcategories via Advanced Inventory Manager
When the master/main Categories have been added, you should see them listed in the Categories column on the left-hand side of your Advanced Inventory Manager:
1. To add a Subcategory to an existing Main Category, click the Main Category to highlight it green, and then click the Add Category button as before:
2. Add its name to the Category Name field, and click the Save & Close button on the bottom right of the window as before. This will create a Category within your existing Main Category. When you have created some Subcategories, you’ll see this signified within the menu on the left-hand side of Advanced Inventory Manager:
3. A Category that has Subcategories is signified by a blue cross next to it. Click the blue cross to reveal the Subcategories held within the Category:
Don’t worry too much if you accidentally create a Category folder in the wrong place. Click it to make it green and then drag and drop it into the folder it belongs in:
- Adding Categories using Advanced Inventory Manager
- Adding Categories and Subcategories using the Shop tab
- Category Images, Category Descriptions and In Category Descriptions
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question ask the EKM Team, join us in ekmCommunity. [/contact]