[intro] When you have completed this Guide, you will have installed the Postcode Lookup feature on your EKM online shop, creating a Postcode Ferret account which you can purchase credits for, giving your customers a quicker experience with the Checkout Flow. [/intro]
The Postcode Lookup feature on the Features page allows you to create a Postcode Ferret account that is specific to your EKM online shop. When credits have been added to your Postcode Ferret account, your customers will be able to add in their postcode to the Checkout Flow and Postcode Ferret will present them with a drop-down menu allowing them to select the rest of their address details, saving them from being individually typed into the field provided.
This feature can be especially helpful for customers paying for items using a shared computer (where their details may not be saved by their browser) and is enjoyed by customers who particularly hate typing as this feature makes the Checkout Flow easier for them to get through.
As Postcode Lookup is a premium service it has additional costs. This is because Royal Mail charges businesses for using their postcode data. Pricing is based on a price per lookup and the more credits you buy the cheaper each lookup becomes. Credits are valid for 12 months, starting from the day they are purchased.
Installing the Feature
1. From the Dashboard, click the Features tab:
2. On the Features Page, scroll down to the Features you’ve not yet installed and click the icon for Postcode Lookup:
3. Click the green Install Feature button:
4. Here, you can click the button on the bottom right-hand side of the page to link up an existing Postcode Ferret account or alternatively, click the relevant Signup button for the number of credits you think you’ll use:
5. You’ll then see the following fields appear, which means your Postcode Ferret account has been created for you. Click the green text on the bottom right-hand side:
1. This will log you into your Postcode Ferret account. Click Buy Credits:
2. You then need to click the appropriate button for the number of credits you would like to purchase:
3. You will then see this notification:
4. You will also receive an email notification to the email address associated with your EKM online shop:
5. The payment will be taken from the payment method associated with your monthly EKM online shop rental. Once the credits have been applied to your account, your customers will be able to use the Postcode Lookup Functionality within the Checkout Flow: