[intro] Before you begin this guide you need to ensure that you have completed this one first. If you have not yet installed the Discount Management feature and begun to set up your Discount, click here to begin. [/intro]
1. On this page, you need to add the monetary amount that you want to remove from specific products in the field provided, before ticking the box next to each Product where you want the price reducing:
[tips] All of the Products are listed in alphabetical order and on my Test Shop, all of my Products are displayed on the homepage. If you have a lot of Products and lots of Categories, you can sort the Categories alphabetically first and quickly locate your Free Product by clicking the Category header at the top of the table:
2. When you have ticked the boxes on the Products that will have their prices reduced when your Discount has been applied, click the green Next button at the bottom of the page:
3. You will then be able to adjust the number of Products with a reduced price that your customer can claim. Changing the Qty column to 99 for each Product, for example, would mean that your customer, after entering the Coupon Code on the Shopping Cart page, could potentially purchase 99 of your reduced price Product.
When you have decided how many reduced price Products a customer can claim as part of this Discount, click the Next button:
4. On this page, you need to select how many reduced price Products you can claim. For example, if you leave this field set as 1, my customer will be able to select 1 pair of slippers (from the choice of small, medium and large sizes listed on the previous page). However, if I set this number to 3, my customer could buy three pairs of slippers at a reduced rate.
When you have decided how many Products your customer can have, click the green Next button:
5. On this page, you need to specify who can have the Discount, for both Countries and Delivery Methods. For my example, I am only offering my Discount within the United Kingdom, so I tick the boxes for all the countries apart from the United Kingdom.
As I only have one Delivery Method on my Test Shop, I leave this box unticked - however, if I had lots of different delivery methods listed for different parts of the world, I would tick the boxes on each of them apart from the United Kingdom Delivery Methods. After this, click the green Next button, and then click Done:
6. When you click Done, you will be taken back to the first page of the Discount Manager feature, however, if your offer has been scheduled to begin in the future, you may not be able to see it straight away. Click ‘Show All Discounts’ to see it listed:
Now that you have set up your Discount, it's important to test that it works before you advertise it to your customers. To do this, click here for the guide.
- Features - Discount Management
- Discount Management - Discount Priority
- Discount Management - Testing your Discounts & Troubleshooting
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question ask the EKM Team, join us in ekmCommunity. [/contact]